Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday 13!

Yeah, I remembered that it's Thursday!

13 Things I love about Blogging!!!

1. I never new how well I could parent from my desk chair! I can direct, cajole, warn, and discipline pretty well, without ever moving from this spot. Seriously Amazing! "Not right now, Mommy's blogging." has become a fairly regular phrase in our home. I'm such a good mom.

2. I actually READ now. Before blogging, I rarely read anything other than children's books and magazines. You can only read the descriptions of the seriously fabulous Pottery Barn items so many times, before your eyes start to glaze over. Now I read great writing by great bloggers EVERY DAY!

3. BooMama. She cracks me up! I just love her phrasing, and her use of the word Ya'll. Now, I'm know I'm not from the true south, but I do live in Southwest Missouri, which I believe, along with the amount of time I've spent in Texas, totally qualifies me to use the word Ya'll. BooMama has inspired me, so from now on I will freely say Ya'll whenever and wherever I like, without feeling like I'm not allowed. Thank you BooMama, you have set my Ya'll free.

4. The way I look at the craziness of my life. Ever since Austin was born, I have felt like our family seriously takes the cake for craziness. Life with a Super Strong willed child, a toddler, and a baby is just crazy!!! I try to roll with the punches, but sometimes it still gets to me. Blogging has helped me look at things in a funnier light. Kinda like when I yelled at the kids in the car yesterday to PLEASE STOP YELLING AND SCREAMING!!! Hmmmm, I wonder why they yell?

5. I have become one with my computer. This is amazing ya'll (ahh, it feels so good!). Before blogging, I was completely and utterly computer illiterate. I couldn't even put a picture in an email on my own! Since blogging came into my life, I have been forced to figure a lot of things out on my own, since (for the most part) I try to blog when J isn't home. I love it when I figure out a new thing, It makes me feel so computer savvy, and I love being Savvy! Oh, and I've become much better at typing too!!!

6. The outlet it provides! Blogging has become a sort of therapy for me. I think when you live with young children, you can become sort of bored and blah about things. Now, when I have a thought, or when somethings on my mind, I have an outlet for it. Other than my 5 year old, who just doesn't understand my concerns and dreams, and just wants to know why I don't want to watch The Suite Life of Zach and Cody for the 1000th time!

7. The way it documents our day-to-day life. I haven't kept a journal since I was a teenager. I've tried, but after one or two entries, I have always failed. Blogging has a given me a way to remember the everyday, which honestly I need, because I have a terrible memory!

8. Keeping up with friends. Even though I live in the same town with most of the people that I blog with, it's amazing how I can learn something new, through almost all of their posts! We see each other a lot, but it's hard to actually talk usually, since we're almost always with a large group of children, who, for some reason, tend to think they need us.

9. The Pictures! I love to post pictures and I love it when others do too! It's so fun, as your reading a post to scroll down and see a picture! (I think this was Annie's "Don't Mess with Me!" face!)



10. Positive feedback! When I'm struggling with something, and I blog about it, I get so much support from my friends. It's wonderful!

11. The Quiet Time. I love sitting down with a cup of coffee in the morning and just having some quiet time at the computer by myself! I've started an online daily devotional too, which is making this time so much greater!

12. My friends blogs! I never new how incredibly creative and witty some of my friends are! Seriously, Ya'll are Awesome!!!

13. The Bloggy Club! I feel like me, my friends, BooMama, Big Mama, Baby Bangs, and all the other great blogger mommies out there, are just one AWESOME club! A club of Super Cool mommies who love the Lord and Love to Blog! How cool is that? Seriously!

Thanks for reading, all 12 of you! I've also noticed how much I use the word Seriously, it might be borderline excessive. But that's the great thing about blogging, it's me, all me. Seriously!

6 comments:

Alana said...

What a great list, Shelley. I agree, with numbers 4 & 6 especially.

I use the word seriously a lot, too ;-)

LOVE the pic of Annie...almost as good as seeing it in real life!

michelle said...

Can we order an 8X10 of Annie's picture?

Rochelle said...

What a great list!! I can soooo relate to all of them! Especially #1! And #6.

Carissa said...

great list! i have to agree...i love this blogging thing and keeping up with ya'll and even getting to know ya'll better. (two ya'lls in one sentence!) anyway, it is amazing what the internet can do. very fun!

Janelle said...

Love your list! Love the blog!

Annie's face cracked me up. I was not expecting that!

Thanks for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

now why on earth wouldn't you want to watch "the suite life of zach and cody" for the 1000th time!!?? haha!!
lauren