Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday 13, Kindergarten Edition

Well, we made it! It's still hard for me to believe that I'm a mom of a kindergartner, but apparently I am! Here are Ellie's top 13 highlights...


1. We went OUTSIDE (said with great enthusiasm!)


2. I ate LUNCH!


3. I was really REALLY good!


4. A boy spit on me, and he got in trouble.


5. I laid on my towel for rest time, I used part of my towel for a pillow.


6. WE WATCHED FRANKLIN!

7. I made a friend named Lexi, she shared her crayons with me!

8. We colored a picture.

9. We had music class and we stood up, and then sat criss-cross applesauce, and then we stood up, and then sat criss-cross applesauce, and then we stood up, and then sat criss-cross applesauce, and then we . . .

10. We have a COACH!

11. We read books.

12. I like my teacher.


13. I looked and looked for you in the cars and YOU WEREN'T THERE! I had to wait.



She is a happy and excited girl this afternoon. She's glad she gets to go again tomorrow, and she says she had a great day! Except the waiting for mommy to get there part! In my defense, there were A LOT of other kids that hadn't been picked up yet when I got there, so I really wasn't late. I think she just thought I'd be right there when she came outside. Tomorrow I'll try to be a little earlier I guess! Congratulations on your first day of school Ellie! You did AWESOME!

6 comments:

michelle said...

comment from Olivia:
I'm so happy for Ellie! I'm glad she likes kindergarten!

Janelle said...

Sounds like a fun day! Ellie will transition quickly. She is a good girl.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Glad it was fun!

Now you see why I had to be out there early!

i saw R waiting with other Kinder's at his stop as we left so JP hung out the window and yelled and waved...he would have done the same for Ellie too if we had to loop!

Alana said...

So glad it was a good day for Ellie.

Ready for round 2, tomorrow?

Shelley said...

I think I'm ready...we'll see at 6 am!

Celeste said...

I laughed really hard about you being late, that's so going to be me!