Wednesday, August 22, 2007

ready.

The outfit is laying on the arm of the couch.

The piggy-tail holders are on the bathroom counter.

The lunch is packed and waiting in the refrigerator.

The backpack is filled with supplies, and hanging by the back door.

The girl is peacefully sleeping.

The mommy is wide awake.

I have done everything I know to do. I have prepared her as best I know how.

Now I will let her go.

I am trusting God to take care of her, to calm her fears, to give her teacher what she needs - so that she can do her best.

My heart aches a little for the years that have come and gone.

So fast.

But she needs this, she is ready for more than I can give.

I may shed a few tears tomorrow, I don't really know.

Thank you God, for giving me such a strong child. She is so very capable of handling this. And thank you God for the peace that you give me, so that I can handle this.

Amen.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Enjoy tommorrow and don't forget your camera! Ellie is going to have a great time!

Janelle said...

We will get through this and realize that the stage they are in is AWESOME!

See you tomorrow. Enjoy THE LOOP! and wave at Mr. Smiley...you'll know him when you see him.

Great times lay ahead.

Alana said...

Sounds very similar to the events in our house the evening as well.

Unless I can figure out how to make time stand still, I'll see you in the a.m.

dawn said...

How appropriate that as I am reading this sweet post that Good Morning Beautiful is playing softly in the background.

Love that!