Sunday, August 26, 2007

only in the ozarks...

I have lived in the "Ozarks" my entire life, except for 3 months when I was 3, when we lived in Dallas, TX. (another reason why I can say "y'all") I love this area, the beauty, the friendly people, the "old fashioned good values". I've always known there was a "hillbilly" side, but never really acknowledged how close it was. Until yesterday. My mom and I drove through some small towns, "spots in the road" if you will, on our way to a funeral. As we went through one "spot" we noticed several cars parked in front of an establishment. Upon closer inspection, we realized...it was a bar...that was fairly busy...on Saturday morning...at 9:01 am. Seriously. Now you know, that in the next couple of years, when a tornado comes through, or we get flooded, and those "big city" news people come around, that they will find that bar on a Saturday morning, and interview the patrons for the 5:30 news. Never mind the throngs of "normal" people that live here, it'll be Bubba at the Bar at 9:01 am. (click here to read a sample interview) Oh well, as my daddy says, It takes all kinds!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha that's hilarious! hope the funeral went well.

Janelle said...

I saw Bubba pumpin gas the other day wearing only jeans. No shirt, no shoes. I guess those are optional pieces in the hill country.

Alana said...

I saw BIG bubba driving down the road on a 4 wheeler with no shirt on!

Celeste said...

I hit a bubba the other day, and of course he knew exactly how to use a bungee cord to keep the bumper on :)

Shelley said...

Ya'll are TOO funny!