Thursday, June 7, 2007

thursday 13

my good friend alana posted a meme of 10 "rules she lives by." i've been thinking, and watching, and trying to figure out what a meme is. if you're wondering, it's a list or a question that you post and "tag" others to post their own. or something like that. apparantly it's part of the language of blog world. anyway, so now that i've figured that out, it's time for my rules. these are some of the rules that i live my life by:

1. you must roll all the windows down in the car when it is warm (not hot) outside, and let your hair blow around!

2. while letting your hair blow, you and anyone else in the car (usually my kids) must sing at the top of your lungs to "summery" music.

3. when you're going somewhere and you know your kids will fall asleep for the night in the car on the way home, you must take their pj's with you and put the children in them before the car ride home. (i was totally kicking myself last night for breaking this rule!)

4. you must not allow yourself to check your email or your blog, or anyone elses blog, when you have to leave the house in 5 minutes! (i confess, i broke this rule this morning, and we were 20 minutes late to swimming! hence, the reason it is now a rule.)

5. when you are going somewhere where you know your friends, and your friends kids will be, and you take a snack for your kid, you must take a snack for ALL the friends kids too. (we all know they always want anything their friends have!)

6. do not allow anyone to call your house before 8 am. yes, most of the time you are already up, but the one morning that everyone in the house is still asleep will be the one morning that someone calls and wakes you up!

7. you must swim at least twice a week during the summer in good weather!

8. if you pull out in front of someone on the road, you MUST drive fast!

9. if you are counting points, you must not have ANY junk food ANYWHERE in the house, or you will find it and eat it!

10. when you are holding a baby, you must kiss it, even if it's not your baby.

11. you must not run the dishwasher until it is COMPLETELY full. what's the point?

12. you must cherish every moment with your precious baby, because he will not be a baby for long.

13. you must know how blessed you are to have such wonderful friends and family!

4 comments:

Alana said...

Good rules, except for the windows down thing. I would never be able to comb through my hair again if I did that!

Celeste said...

Wow, great rules! There were a couple in there that I hadn't thought of before, but are really great!

Janelle said...

Have to say NO to the hair blowing thang. Mine just doesn't blow right. But I am proud of you for letting go and letting loose.

Pam said...

I am so glad for #10!!! I was holding Austin today and I just instinctively had to kiss him! Afterward, I thought oh my gosh, I hope she didn't mind. Whew!