Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a pink glove.

a couple of weeks ago i signed up Ellie and Annie for t-ball. now, that sentence might have more significance if you remember their ages, 5 and 2 1/2.
yes, i'm crazy.
my darling hubby and i actually decided NOT to sign them up, wanting to keep our summer relaxing.
I changed our mind.
why? why, would i want to put myself through the torcher of dragging a "not very athletic" 5 year old, and a tiny little 2 1/2 year old to t-ball once a week for the next 6 weeks? because my friends are doing it of course!
oh, and to develop their coordination too.
anyway, to defend myself to my hubby, (who wasted no time in reminding me that we decided NOT to do this), i told him it only cost $15.
well, times 2.
oh, and there was that $10 late fee.
times 2.
anyway, it was still a good deal, right?
so, last week was our first practice. if you can call it that. after having individual and group t-ball pics taken for 2 hours, we rolled grounders to our tired out team of 2 - 5 year olds for 10 minutes. and that was it.
i noticed as we began t-ball practice, that most of the little ones had their own gloves. "hmmmm, i wondered, do we need gloves?"
so today i called a couple of friends and asked, and the answer was, yes.
yes, they need gloves, and probably bats too.
ok. so today on our way home from the pool i stopped at target to buy gloves. and bats. i had to stop today because our next practice was tonight.
i walked into target to the screams of "i wanna a pink glove!" and headed to sporting goods.
in 5 minutes i spent $50. that's right. $10 per minute. i walked out with 2 pink gloves, 1 pink bat (they can share the bat!) and 1 white baseball (they didn't have a pink one.)
and yes, if you're counting, i've now spent $100 on this "very good deal."
but hey, the girls were VERY excited to take their pink gloves and pink bat to t-ball tonight. so i guess it's worth it.
so, we came home to unload and reload for t-ball, and received a phone call.
t-ball is postponed until friday night.
i'm so glad i rushed through target.
really.

4 comments:

Alana said...

I'm so jealous..no pick sports equipment at our house. You might watch out, though, because when Will sees the pink glove and bat he may want to "borrow" it ;-)

Celeste said...

hahaha, that's way too funny! Great post, very reflective of the day to day "fun" that is being a stay at home mom!

Janelle said...

Seriously! You may need to rethink this :) Well, at least it will be an awesome, pink scrapbook page!

MMM said...

Before I say anything else... I think you and your sahm friends are hilarious... so much so that I myself have now started a blog. Anyway I've been reading your blogs for the past week and am jealous. I want hilarious kids like you guys too!

Ok back to what I was going to say... in my town we had our own version of T-Ball- "Dad's Club" where the dad's coached us girls. and I definitely had a black glove with hot neon pink seams and outlines, no matching bat tho. =( Trust me, they'll be the most popular girls on the team.