Monday, June 11, 2007

Blogging Story Carnival!

ok, so i was surfing blogs late last night and stumbled upon one mentioning this carnival at chilihead's blog. i've never been to this blog before, but it looks like a fun one, and one with quite a following. forgive me, i'm new to this! anyway, it looks like a fun way to answer some questions, and Big Mama did it, so i will too! click on this to get to chilihead's blog and see what the fuss is all about! then join the club and post your own answers, if you dare! also, you can add your own blog to the list at the bottom of chilihead's page if you want too!






How did you start blogging?

my great friend alana told me, and some of our other friends, that she was starting a blog. now, i knew just enough about computers to kinda know what that was, and so, it sounded interesting to me. another great friend, janelle, started her blog right after alana told us about it. (actually, she put her first post on before alana, which was a slight source of tension for a bit, just kidding!) anyway, since 2 of my best friends were now in this thing, i realized that i had to kick it in gear and figure out this blogging thing! i got my page up and running about one month ago!



Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?

no, i did not intend to have a big following, that just sort of happened since i'm soooo popular and funny and all and . . .oh wait, i was dreaming for a minute. seriously, i don't have a big following, unless of course you count 5 people as a big following.



What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

i started my blog to journal my everyday life. life with little ones can be so crazy, fun, unpredictable, and emotional that i want to remember it! i am not good about putting things on paper, but this seems to be working for me! so, i suppose i have been successful at achieving my goals since i've posted almost every day since i started blogging!



Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

maybe a little. now that i realize what a big blog world it is, i think it would be kinda fun to have a bit of a following! but i still mostly blog for me and my crazy thoughts!



What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

well, not much since i'm still a newbie!



Do you make money with your blog?

nooooo, but i didn't realize that was an option, i'll have to research that one.



Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

most of them do know about it, but few of them read it. i've been trying to get my hubby to read it. i keep telling him how very funny i am, but so far he's not convinced! my awesome cousin lauren reads it (thanks lauren!). my mom has read it once that i know of, i think that's about it!



What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

"it will suck the life right out of you!" just kidding! (inside joke, sorry!) first, i would say it does take a bit of time to maintain it, but it's really therapeutic to type your thoughts out! so hang in there and keep typing away! second, i read this on Big Mama's blog and thought it was very wise:



"The best advice was something I read one time that I think was actually from Dooce. Whenever you write something, imagine the last person in the world who you'd want to read it and then assume that some day they will find it. If that's okay, post away. If not, rethink what you wrote and save yourself the heartache. I have been amazed at the random people from my life that have found me through this blog, which reminds me that you never know who will be reading."

ok, so that's about it. now you know, well, everything you already knew!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Isn't this a fun and FREE hobby. Unless you spring for the supercool blog design. OH MY, I just had the best idea! We could all contribute $ towards that for each other's birthdays! That would ROCK!

Janelle said...

I am proud of you for figuring out how to link! GO girl!

Anonymous said...

That last bit of advice is sooo true!!

Anonymous said...

oh girl, you are welcome for reading your blog. it keeps me entertained!!!
lauren

Anonymous said...

Good advice. Oh the things us newbies have to learn in the wide world of blogging...