Sunday, June 10, 2007

the car.

tonight as i was unloading the car, i was thinking about how different of a task it is now, as opposed to how it was bk. (before kids) i recalled how my good friend janelle recently posted about all the stuff in her car. it really is insane how much stuff these little munchkins require! the following items were in our car today:

Beach Bag + Towells
today we planned on going to the pool, so we had the beach bag, crammed full of all the necessities (5 bottles of sunscreen, 3 pair of goggles - 1 broken, 6 pair of sunglasses, 4 toys, 3 boxes of raisins, 3 swim diapers, 2 regular diapers, 4 swimming suits, and a waterproof camera.) we also had the beach towells laying on top of the beach bag. (they surely couldn't fit in it!)

Strollers
these are almost always in the car. one gynormous double stroller, and one lightweight (yet cool looking) stroller. these are always with me in case i'm in a situation where i know i need to keep one or two of my children captive.

Giant Diaper Bag
this is a must. it contains all the regular necessities, (sunscreen, baby tylenol, bandaids, neosporin, bactine, vaccination records, lip gloss, hair bands, 16 diapers in 2 sizes, 5 outfits in 4 sizes, baby wipes, antibacterial wipes, baby food, disposable spoon, disposable bib, changing pad, diaper cream, digital thermometer, cheerios, and burp cloths.

My purse
again, a must. it usually contains my wallet, my cell phone, lip gloss, lots of gum, baby wipes, purell, baby food, another disposable spoon and bib, a diaper, and various other things that fight for space at the bottom of the purse.

My basket
if you know me, you've seen the basket. it always contains baby toys, a magazine for me, my ipod, and antibacterial wipes. today it also contained a bag of panties i bought for ellie that she didn't like (shocker.) that i need to return to target, ellie's blankie and favorite stuffed cat "milo", annie's blankie and favorite stuffed dog "woof woof" , a blankie for austin, and 2 sippy cups.

Rain Gear
so, even though we packed for the pool, it rained. so, out came 4 rain jackets and 3 umbrellas.

Shopping Bags
hmmm, what to do now that it's raining? well shop of course! my parents came and spent the day with me and the kids, so we decided to see a movie and do a little shopping. we managed to hit 4 stores in about 1 1/2 hours, not too shabby.

Other
well, i guess that's about it. unless you count the 3 huge car seats covered in crumbs, the various dried out snacks all over the car, and the 2,000 cd's and dvd's (most of which are for the kids). oh, and us of course, me my parents and the 3 kiddos. oh, and we stopped at mc donalds for dinner, so we had the happy meal mess to contend with also. oh, and the popcorn bags and soda cups from the movie too. oh, and . . .ok, i think that was it.

before kids, it was just me and my purse. boy how times (and 3 kids) have changed me!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Throw in the kitchen sink next time and call it GOOD!

Janelle said...

That is hilarious! What is the story about "the basket?" Always wanted to know. Life is different BK, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Can you actually return panties?? Let me know how that goes :)