Friday, June 29, 2007

me, my hubby, 3 kids, 1 van, 4 hours.

We're off!

At 3pm today we shall attempt to drive to St. Louis with our 3 little darlings. Wish us Luck! I have packed us all, I have readied the house, I have prayed. . .I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

Do you have any idea how much stuff it takes for my family to go somewhere, even for just a few days? It's insane! Here's a partial list:
2 suitcases, 1 for the parents, 1 for the kids
1 toiletries bag
Diaper Bag
4 pillows
1 swim bag
2 floaties
2 "car" bags that contain magazines and an ipod for mommy, toys for the kids, snacks, dvd's, and a dvd player.
1 cooler so we don't spend as much moola on the road.
1 giant double stroller
1 pack and play
1 "baby bag" with baby food, spoons, bibs, bottles, and baby snacks.
1 air mattress and pump and bedding for it.
oh, and a puppy crate, treats, puppy toys, bowl, puppy food, puppy blanket, collar, and leash for the new puppy we will be picking up on our way home!

oh my.

How do we fit all 5 of us and all of this in our trailblazer? We don't! We've borrowed Papa and Nana's BIG van for our little excursion. So. if you're in St. Louie and want to see if you can spot us, just look for the REALLY COOL, giant white van that's swerving a bit due to the fact that the driver is trying to manage the 3 kids whilst driving!

oh my.

So off we go! side note, when we went on vacation to gulf shores 4 years ago with only 1 child we got pulled over because the hubby was speeding. we had so much stuff in the car for our vacation the officer asked us if we were moving! since then i've tried to pare it down to the "necessities!"

And before I leave you I thought of another "random fact or habit i have,"

I must leave my house completely picked up and clean, including making my bed, before we leave to go anywhere for the night. I realize that might seem crazy to some, but it makes me so happy to come home from a trip to a neat and clean house!

Bye!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

A clean house upon arrival is such a blessing. It doesn't happen around here, I am just guessing that I would be blessed by that. But whatever!

Anonymous said...

have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
lauren

Alana said...

Hope you guys are having a great time!

I'm the same way about having the house picked up and clean before a trip. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do that before we left this time.

michelle said...

I hope you are having a great time! We are looking forward to meeting your newest family member! Any name yet???