Monday, June 11, 2007

a sunburn and an itchy back.

ok, a little over a week ago i got a sunburn on my back. yes, to all of you who are worried about me getting skin cancer because you're thinking i didn't put on sunscreen, i did.

well, i tried.

i held the bottle behind my back and sprayed myself the best i could. i buy the really expensive aerosol style sunscreen so that i can reach my back by myself. because i'm just not trusting a 2 year old or a 5 year old to the job.

apparently i can't trust myself either.

anyway, the sunburn faded quickly, and really wasn't that bad. the worst of it was that i couldn't wear a bra for 2 days. wait, actually it was nice not to have to wear a bra for 2 days! so, what's the problem now? you say.

I've got an ITCH! all over my back! it is driving me crazy! in the past few days i have found myself using walls at my own house (and a couple of friends houses!) as scratching posts! i have also used my back brush in the shower and i have had ellie scratch my back numerous times! this is definitely the worst part of this sunburn! so just now, as i was going to bed and scratching my back, i decided to blog it. and then as i typed in my blog address, it hit me.

maybe this is how ellie feels all the time!

so anyway, now i have a new understanding about all my daughters ITCHES!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Itchy and no underwear. I say you have walked a mile in her shoes.

Anonymous said...

hahaha Well, now you know how she feels, so it won't be as embarrassing anymore, right? :-p Well, it was a shot! haha

Celeste said...

That is the worst! I would hate to itch all the time.

Anonymous said...

maybe you have like some sort of tick disease....haha just kidding!!!!
lauren

Anonymous said...

Think of it as exercise. UP and Down Up and Down with back against the wall.