Friday, May 11, 2007

when i'm a grammie

when i'm a grammie, i want to be just like my kids grammie (this is my mom.) today after kindermusik we met grammie and she took the girls home with her for the night. possibly even 2 nights. this is actually a regular occurance, and yes, i know i'm REALLY blessed! at least every other week and often every week the girls spend the night at grammies. it is amazing, the break it gives me. today i came home, did some laundry, straightened up a little, did the dishes, unloaded the car, and gave austin a bath, all in less than an hour. this is what i usually get done in a whole day, when the girls are home! amazing! austin is napping now, and i've actually got a little free time before we leave for a night out with friends! yeah!!! i don't know if grammie truly understands the awesome thing she does for me when she takes the girls overnight. i feel human again. like a person, not just a mommy. don't get me wrong, i love being a mommy, it's just that day and night, i'm on the job. no vacations, no days off, no sick days, no breaks! so, when grammie takes them, well, i feel like i can breathe! so when i'm a grammie, i want to be that for my kids. the person they can call so that they can have a break. the person they can rely on when they're about to go crazy. the person that they now really, truly appreciate, because now they know how hard it is to be a mommy sometimes! so thanks mom, for being such a great mom and grammie, i hope i can be like you when i grow up!

3 comments:

Alana said...

I love this post. You are blessed. What a way to honor your Mom on Mother's Day weekend!

Janelle said...

I agree! I wan't to be the kind of grandma that loves having her babies around. I know the blessing of that in my life.

Anonymous said...

Grammie said...
I'm crying!! And of course I love every minute with all 3 little darlings, even when the moment is a challenging moment! What a blessing in our lives to have 3 amazing grandchildren, an amazing daughter and amazing son!