Monday, May 14, 2007

my mother's day

this year my mother's day actually started early. i think jason was afraid of a repeat of last year. long story short, several weeks after mother's day i recieved a meat marinator as a gift. so, this year, a few days before mother's day, jason took the girls shopping one evening. just the evening to myself was a gift! they came back with ice cream, each girl brought me a half gallon, and a dust buster. now you may think a dust buster is not a step up from a meat marinator, but it is. i actually wanted a new dust buster. then on sunday morning, ellie actually remembered that it was mother's day on her own! i love that! she brought me breakfast, a cheese stick, yogurt, a banana, and fruit snacks on a paper plate. again, i love that! the girls wore matching dresses to church, which was another gift since i rarely get to have my way with what ellie is wearing. after church we went to silver dollar city with my parents and grandparents. we rode rides, played and had fun. at the end of the day we decided to ride the lost river. now, it's been about 2 years since i rode that ride, maybe longer. so i had forgotten how wet you really can get on that ride. i quickly remembered when a tidal wave of water crashed down over my head, soaking my completely, right down to the underwear. oh my, i thought, we're supposed to meet jason's parents for dinner in about 1 hour! of course i had brought extra clothes for the kids, but not for me! so we hightailed it back to the car to make a mad dash to wal-mart so that i could buy some dry clothes. and boy was i glad i did, because when i walked into the dressing room at wal-mart i realized just how bad i looked! my denim capris had dried just enough to make it look like i had wet my pants! we made it to dinner only 30 min. late, and miraculously the kids behaved even after a very full day. on the way home they fell apart. i knew it couldn't last long! finally at 10 pm we got the last kid tucked in, and we fell into bed. the baby only woke up once and the girls slept all night, now that's a happy mother's day!

No comments: