Thursday, May 24, 2007

graduation day!


Ellie is an official graduate of the Presbyterian Preschool! She even has a diploma to prove it! You can see her proud face in the pic above, she's on the left with her good friends from school. Yesterday, she marched onto the stage with her little preschool class and proudly stood there and smiled for pictures. Then when her name was called, she walked over to her teacher to recieve her diploma, and give her teacher a hug. I was so proud! She was well behaved (you just never know what to expect from her!) and she looked adroable! The rest of the day yesterday she kept saying "it's my graduation day!" She's excited that preschool's over and kindergarten is just around the corner. In fact, just after the ceremony concluded she informed me that she's now a kindergartner! It's bittersweet for me. I have loved her teacher, she's been awesome for Ellie and for me. I know Ellie is ready to move on, and needs to move on, i just pray that kindergarten is as wonderful for us as preschool has been. Ellie is a challenging child, and not everyone can handle her strong personality. We were blessed with a preschool teacher who saw her strong personality as an asset, and knew how to guide her and teach her in a way that Ellie responded to. Mrs. B has helped me to view Ellie's personality in a more positve light too. I've always thought that she was very bright and smart, and that someday that strong will of hers would do her good, but living with it day after day can wear a mommy down! When I would voice my concerns to Mrs. B, she would always help me to see the positive side of whatever situation we were in. A great friend told me recently that I should be Ellie's best advocate, and she's right! Ellie may be bossy, loud, hard to handle, picky, argumentitive, and sometimes even a bully, but she's also a fast learner, very smart, a leader, a good negotiator, and she'll never be one to give into peer pressure. It drives me crazy that some of the people that I feel should love her the most, and that should see her personality as a positive thing, are the people that are the most critical! Thankfully, the friends and family that we're closest to, usually do think positively. So thank you Mrs. B. , for giving Ellie a great start! I'll make sure when she's president, as you've predicited, that she rewards you!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Ellie looks so cute! I love what you wrote about her personality being an asset. IT IS!! She will be an amazing leader both now and in the future. Just wait, the fruit of your hard work will pay off. She is amazing! We love her! God is in total control over her future classes. Remember that He has started a good work in her that HE will complete. Not that every teacher will be perfect, but she will learn to grow in Christ through every situation.

dawn said...

I ditto all that Janelle said. God will use all those things in Ellie that you might think are tough for His glory and good someday.

I love that you can already tell that she will not give into peer pressure. I would capitalize on that if I were you.

Teach her to be servant leader and she will put that strong will to great use.

A good thing for you to do is take a lot of what you have written about her in this post and put in in a letter to the Kindergarten principal so she can match a teacher to Ellie. Tell her strengths and weaknesses and what your desires are in Kindergarten. She relly does read those letters and listens to parents.

Alana said...

When the newest fashion craze at BHS is wearing Christmas socks in April...it will ALL be worth it ;-)