Tuesday, May 29, 2007

another black hole.

my good friend alana just blogged about needing a personal shopper to keep her from spending to much at the black hole, aka, target. i think i might need someone to help me with another addiction, blogging. what would she be called? a personal blogger? anyway, this has been my morning:
it started off innocently enough, i got home from taking jason to work, got the kids settled with breakfast and the disney channel, and then came to check my email. as i sat down i told myself, "no blogging, you can do that later while the little ones are napping." so, i quickly checked my email and started to get up. then i noticed how well the kids were behaving and smiled and then. . .that's when it happened. "i'll just read what alana's up to", i thought, and i sat back down. an hour later i was still here, at my computer, when the phone rang. i was jolted back to reality, and jumped up to grab the phone. as i answered it i checked on the girls, who were still watching the disney channel, with that glazed over look on their faces. and don't worry, austin was napping during all of this. "whew" i thought, "how did i spend that much time checking on my friends blogs? i didn't even get to mine!" so, a bit later after i actually mothered my kids, and did some chores, i found myself being drawn back towards the computer. this time they were all 3 awake. annie and ellie were playing nicely, so i picked up austin and sat down, "just for a second" i told myself. 20 minutes later, i hear annie crying and she runs in to me and crawls up on my lap. i am now holding 2 kids, but do i stop? nope. i calm annie down and continue to read and comment, and no, i still haven't gotten to my own blog! i know by this time, that i really need to stop. austin is getting fussy, he really needs a nap, and it's past nap time for annie also, but i have to make one more comment! just then i feel something running down my leg. "what is that?" i think, "did annie spill something on me?" and then i realize, "ooooh, that's pee." i suddenly remembered that a couple of hours earlier, annie had found the beach bag with the swim diapers in it, and she put one on. i remember thinking, i'll change her into a regular diaper in just a minute. i forgot. just a note folks, i'm pretty sure that those swim diapers don't work on pee at all. i mean, if it can't hold anything when we're not in the water, what's in gonna hold in the water! so, i finally stopped blogging, and got up to clean myself and annie up, and to put both annie and austin down for naps. but note, that it took getting peed on to get me up! and note that now i'm back at my computer, finally posting on my own blog! so, i think i might have a problem! the thing is, i'm pretty sure all my friends have this problem too!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I have a serious problem! Maybe we need a weekly BA meeting (instead of AA)

Alana said...

I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime...

Janelle said...

I have a feeling we started a bad, bad thing. I can't get enough. I know what you mean about time getting away from you. I have sat down for a "quickie" and realized that I just spent 2 hours.