Monday, May 14, 2007

happy mothers day, i think.

so, i was talking to my friend alana this morning about mother's day. she made me feel better about the fact that for the last 24 hours, i have wished that i didn't spend mother's day with my kids! she pointed out that when they're older, i will want to spend that day with them, but now. . . . not so much. i was feeling bad about that, until she reminded me that i'm with them ALL the time, oh yeah. so thanks alana, for putting things in perspective. so, i have mother's day next year already planned. i would like to wake up, get kisses and cards from my little darlings, go to church as a family, and then spend the rest of the day with my mom and grandma. how's that for planning ahead! anyway, i'd like to tell you about my mother's day, but right now the baby's hungry, the 2 year old just woke up, and the 5 year old, well she's acting like a teenager. actually, my husband just offered to let me mow the yard. i've never done that before, but it's looking better and better by the second.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Next year will rock! Don't feel guilty...it was your day to get away from the darlings, not take care of them!

Celeste said...

I feel the same way! Glad I'm not alone! That is hilarious about mowing the lawn. Jamas and I have found ourselves competing to do household chores while the other has kid duty... "No, it's MY turn to do the dishes!!"