Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday 13

Thirteen um...interesting facts about my oldest child, Ellie.


1) She's EXTREMELY strong willed.


2) She wouldn't wear panties for 2 years, after she was potty trained. Then we had a panty showdown, and she's been fine ever since!


3) She had to miss a pre-school field trip, because she wouldn't wear socks with her Crocs on a day when it was 30 degrees outside.


4) She still hates socks. This year I bought her a pair of boots with fleece lining, so she doesn't have to wear socks when it's cold.


5) She HATES to shop for clothes for herself.


6) She gets "stuck" on a certain outfit, and wants to wear it for days at a time.


7) She HATES to wear new clothes, and I often have to threaten her with losing a privilage, if she won't wear something new. I realize it sounds harsh, but seriously, if I didn't threaten her, she'd never wear anything new.


8) She's very smart. Sometimes she's smarter than me.


9) She's beautiful...blue eyes, porcelain skin.


10) She's a great swimmer!


11) She's obsessed with cats. She's been obsessed with them since she noticed our cat, when she was about 4 months old. She has tons of stuffed cats, but only one real one, for now. Somewhere along the line, she talked us into getting her a real kitten when she turns 7. That's one year away. I think we agreed because at the time she was 4, and we figured she'd forget. She didn't.


12) She just got her hair cut short! At first I wasn't crazy about it, but she loved it, so I was OK. Then I got to play with it, and fix it, and now I LOVE it. It totally fits her. Sassy, funky, different.


13) She turns 6 years old in ONE WEEK! Valentines day. She is our sweet Valentine, and until last year, she totally thought Valentine's day was just for her!


10 comments:

Carissa said...

she sounds like JUST the kindof person i would want to be friends with if she was an adult...spunky and with a mind of her own!

michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe six years has passed so quickly. It doesn't seem that long ago I came to your house to help with newborn Ellie! We can't wait to celebrate with you Ellie!

Darlene R. said...

I'm pretty sure that we are sharing a child! kidding!

I can't believe how similar they are.
Sarah turned 7 in September. First grade has made a big difference with her. We still have our moments, like today for instance!

Happy early birthday ,Ellie!

Erin Ward said...

I can not even believe those panty stories. No way! No way...

Pam said...

#5 will be a blessing when she is a teenager!!! And Janelle has a great story from her teaching days about #6. Have you heard the Mrs. MIWAH story? I love the part when you thought she would forget about the cat, it is amazing what kids remember. I would love to see pictures of her haircut too.

Celeste said...

She is so beautiful!! I love her eyes! The new cut is super cute too! She's been doing very well during ballet class!!

Anonymous said...

I know you are a blessing from God because without your wisdom on a strong-willed child, I am not sure where I would be.

AJ LOVES certain pairs of panties AND has the same sock issues!

Janelle said...

Ellie is so special and you are the perfect mommy for her! God knew what He was doing when He blessed you with her.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new hairdo. It is her.

Renee said...

Let me start by saying I am SO encouraged by you and your desire to be a good mommy to Ellie. From everything I've read by you...I can tell that you want to love your little girl to pieces, even when it might not be the easiest thing to do. You're a wonderful mommy!!

She IS beautiful. I can't wait to see a picture of the new do!!

Your panty story made me chuckle a little, and also shake in my boots a little. I know that could be me!!

You're great, Shelley!

Alana said...

Ellie is a sweet girl! And she is maturing into quite the young lady. I think the world of your kids and of you and J.

Got your call, but was in bed with the headache until about 7 tonight. Maybe I can get the cleanser from you tomorrow sometime??

Enjoy your day tomorrow!