Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I must confess...

I think I need to clarify something. Although I am a crafty person, and I did major in art (for a little while), I am NOT making those little mail boxes as our valentines.

That would be over achieving, and I am not an over achiever.

As is evidenced by the fact that I haven't showered today, and we're all still in our PJ's.

Those are the favors for the class party. I'm in charge of the party, and therefore, in charge of the favors. I delegated pretty much everything else out, except for one craft. You might be thinking, Well, you're still an over achiever since your in charge of the party. And to that I'd say, not really. It's just that Ellie's birthday is on Valentine's day, and when I found out that her class would have a party that day, I offered to plan it. I wanted to make sure it wasn't completely lame!

Our valentines are kitty cat ones we picked up at target!

So I'm very sorry if I mislead you in any way. The thought that you all thought I was miss domestic diva, just making hand painted mail boxes for the fun of it, made me cringe!

10 comments:

dawn said...

I think you are awesome and creative anyway. I also think it is super great that you offered to plan the party. Class parties can be very stressful for teachers and you took the heat off of her by offering to help.

You killed two birds with one stone, my Shelley. Valentines party and class birthday party all wrapped up in one pretty little painted mailbox.

Goof for you!

Anonymous said...

The pre-made valentines STRESS me out. Why do they make the to and from area so small?

we make homemade ones, much easier to address...of course they are nothing like a personalized mailbox.

Is your class party thursday or Friday? Hopefully we will avoid the snow friday and get to have JP's party.

michelle said...

Come on Shelley--You know you love Martha!!!!

Alana said...

I didn't misunderstand. Maybe because I know you. And I know the reason we are such good friends is because neither one of us are overachievers ;-)

Hope the party goes well...hope it happens...will the snow and ice let up already???????

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, first time here, you have a beautiful blog and family. I'm looking for a pic of those mailboxes but don't see them?

Janelle said...

Whew! Life is just as it should be.

Carissa said...

you're still crafty in my mind! always will be! hey...by the way...was thinking this morning that i really need that "how to do my makeup" get together!!!!

Pam said...

Well you still ROCK - you party planning Momma you!! How special for Ellie!!

Sarah Markley said...

So cute! Happy birthday, Ellie! I never make homemade stuff like that...I usually buy a kit, then piece things together so they look partially homemade. Have fun tomorrow!

Earen said...

Hey, you're doing still way more than I am! Good for you! That's alot to take on planning the party! Definitely give yourself some credit!!