Monday, February 11, 2008

Catch up.

This morning when I realized school was canceled, yet again, I thought...

Allrighty, if we're spendin' the day at home, we're gonna get some serious stuff done.

Granted, I was still in bed at that moment, and all of my kids were still asleep.

It's now 12:24 on my computer clock, and essentially that means my day is already half way over. What have I accomplished? Not much.

Well, I did get all the goodies together for the kindergarten valentine party. I bought cute little metal mailboxes, and this morning I painted the names of all the kids on them.

Oh, and I did get the favors started for Ellie's birthday party, but I still have some work to do. Apparently I need to work on my math skills. I bought 3 packages with 4 favors each in them, for a party of 14 kids.

Now I have to go back to Target.

Anyway, that's about all I've accomplished today. I did peel two apples, does that count?

So from now on I shall be very productive.

Unless I get distracted by the leftover valentine's candy.

ps: for some reason my spell check on blogger hasn't been working. it's been that way for several of my posts, so i apologize for any misspellings that may have occured, or will occur. is this happening to anyone else?

9 comments:

dawn said...

Well, good for you. Making us all look bad with those painted mailboxes. We just got finished writing (with a marker) all the names of the kids on our Incredibles valentines. Yep, that's all they are getting. Incredibles valentines.

You are one creative mama!

My spell checker is not working either. Hate that!

Carissa said...

my spell checker is down too. and i'm not a good speller. so, this is causing quite a bit of blog stress in my life!

painted mailboxes...you are wonder woman! really, that is impressive!

Darlene R. said...

Wow! You're painting on the mailboxes? You are good! I have three kids in school now, so they were lucky to get a sucker taped to their valentines!

Spellchecker is not working anywhere, I guess. Hmmmm....

Erin Ward said...

yep... no spell check here either. But I'm so paranoid about my spelling that I always copy and paste my post into Word, just to make sure. (I know, I'm a nerd...)

And my snow day sounds kind of like yours. I keep thinking I'm getting a bunch of stuff done, but then I realize I haven't been doing much at all.

Alana said...

Hmmm...let's see. What I have a accomplished today...

folded two loads of laundry
fed my children breakfast
showered
made the beds

...I'm drawing at straws here.

Anonymous said...

hmm spel chekr is nt wrkin hre ether...i dnt no what to do, i am a terble spelr.

Ok seriously...enjoy the fun of the goody bags in kindergarten. First grade is a different world, in our class everything is ripped into then the kids take home a jumbled mess of stuff that you don't know who sent. Completely different party situation from the lovely kindergarten.

Earen said...

You had good intentions & in my book that's what matters! Look at you though being all creative & painting boxes for a party!! FUN!

Janelle said...

You go girl! I love my crafty friend with the lofty goals :)

Hope you get more done today.

I won't even tell you the ridiculous amount of stuff I haven't accomplished. Least of all homemade Valentines.

michelle said...

I'm glad you ask about the spell checker! I've had trouble also!

I love the valentine idea! Paint pens are so fun! We stamped valentines! The girls had a great time and they are so cute even if they aren't perfect! I had to sit back and let them be the artist!