Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday 13, Birthday Edition!

It's cold and icy today. So icy, that my darling hubby had to stay home, which NEVER happens. Normally I'd be pulling my hair out right about now, but not today. That's the difference a daddy makes! Not only have we had a fun day, I actually have time to BLOG! So, here is the long awaited post about Ellie's birthday, along with pictures!

Thursday Thirteen, Birthday edition!

1. The Birthday Girl! This pic was taken at 6:45am, before we headed to school. She was SO excited when I woke her up. She bounced out of bed, and said "It's my BIRTHDAY!" I'm trying to figure out how to get that reaction out of her every day. This pic also shows her new SASSY hair cut. It's absolutely adorable on her, and I think it totally fits her personality.


2. We started the day right, with a healthy birthday breakfast. Actually, I'd bought ADORABLE heart shaped Krispy Kreme doughnuts, in honor of her Valentine birthday. However, they didn't actually taste very good. So she opted for the Original, and so did her mama. Oh, and this pic shows a nice side view of her hair. The curl is natural, and the ribbon says "Happy Birthday."


3. We headed to school, for the class Valentine party. They made goody bags and handed out valentines. Then they decorated their own cupcakes. Yes, this was our healthy snack after our healthy breakfast. Just look at all those sprinkles on Ellie's cupcake!

4. The goody bag!


5. The Cake! Ellie went through a cookbook I have, and picked out this cake.

6. The night after Ellie's birthday we had her party. We had a bowling party with all our friends. I love how she wanted to invite her "buddies." They just happen to be the kids of our friends! Here are two buddies, Z and B, celebrating!

7. Here's a snapshot of some of the mommies. Dear sweet Jen is trying her best to hold my son. Alana was SO happy to get out of her house o' sickness for an evening. And Janelle looked beautiful and oh so stylish with baby poppy. Seriously, I wish you could see her from the front.. She is the cutest pregnant mama!


8. Ellie enjoyed learning the art of bowling.

9. Girl power!


10. Sweet Annie had fun too. Until she dropped at 16 pound ball on her toe. I really thought we were headed for the ER. Then a nice lady came up, who just happened to be a doctor, and checked her out for us. It took awhile for her to calm down, but she ended up being OK.


11. Present time! Ellie love language is gifts. She loves getting and giving gifts. So, needless to say, she was VERY excited by the time we let her start opening.


12. One of her favorite gifts this year was a guitar. Uncle Chris and Aunt Michelle gave her a pink and red guitar that's just her size. She has loved strumming it and making up songs. Even as I type this she has it in the playroom, playing a song for her daddy.


13. And last but not least, Austin. That boy is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with! He made his way up the skee ball macine a few times. Sweet Z-man was playing with him in this pic. I love it when I see the big kids being so gentle and kind with the babies.


We celebrated all weekend. Ellie got the most fabulous gifts a 6 year old could ask for. She loved her Bee cake, her party, her dinner at Red Lobster. She has no idea how truly blessed she is. I'm glad she had such a great birthday. I had a great time too. Actually, it was the most fun I've had at one of my own children's parties!

I've come a long way from her first birthday, when I melted down during the icing of the cakes!

10 comments:

Janelle said...

Thanks for your sweet words. I am loving being pregnant this last time.

I LOVE Ellie's hair. If I could pull it off, I would do it in a heartbeat. But it is so her. Fun and spunky and ohsosassy.

Our clan had a terrific time at the party. Bowling is such a fun thing to do. I forget how much my family loves it.

Great pictures! I loved looking into her special day.

dawn said...

Hurray for Ellie!

Looks like she was truly honored at her birthday!

Anonymous said...

It was such a fun party!

Loved Z and B dancing after each release of the ball!

Too funny.

Darlene R. said...

She is such a cutie! I love her curly hair. Our best parties are usually at the skating rink. The kids are entertained the whole time, so it makes it so much easier. It's fun to have your friends there too.

Jamie said...

Shelley,
I loved the Bee cake you are an artist. It puts the 'cow' of my youngest one's first birthday to shame.

Earen said...

How fun does that party look! What a cute little girl you have!

Anonymous said...

That may just be the best birthday ever! Bowling is my absolute favorite! And cake... I like that too.

Alana said...

It was a fun party!!! Love that first picture of Ellie. You can see the excitement in her face!

Pam said...

I LOVE Ellie's hair! It is oh so cute. And the cake... how did you do that? It is incredible!

Renee said...

Looks like Ellie had a wonderful birthday!!

When I first saw the pictures of her, I thought you had her hair done somewhere. How lucky for her that she has that beautiful curl!! She looks lovely, and so happy!!

It's been a long time since I've been bowling...that looks like a blast!