Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where oh where do I begin?

Really, I have no idea what I'm about to write, so consider yourself warned.

Where do I begin? My last post was five days ago, and as usual in our crazy house, much has happened since then.

The craziness started after a glorious playdate at my good friend Jen's house, on the very day of my last post. After we played, and Austin finished destroying Jen's house, we headed towards school to pick up Ellie. Like the sweet boy he is, Austin fell asleep immediately as we drove, and I breathed a sigh of relief, as I always do when he falls asleep.

The relief didn't last long.

Just as we arrived onto the school drive, I heard the sound of gagging, and turned around just in time to see Austin lose his lunch. I will spare you the rest of the details, and just say that he threw up several times in the next 45 minutes, all in the car, as we drove the girls to my mom, and then home. And when we finally arrived home...

Yuck.

Double Yuck.

Triple Yuck.

You get the picture.

I tried to make myself have an out-of-body experience, as I extracted Austin from the Yuck, and delicately carried him to the bathtub. And then...

He was fine.

Just as fine as could be. He played, and splashed, and smiled. After a while, I was convinced he was OK, and I put him to bed. I was perplexed, to say the least. What in the world made him so sick, so fast, and yet was over so quickly? I called Jen, to give her a warning that maybe she should spray some Lysol around her house, as my son might have just spread some awful flu bug to her family. I left her a message, and prayed to God that the rest of us wouldn't get sick.

Thankfully, none of us did, because it turns out that Jen had some news for me. If you haven't already read her post, you can read it here, turns out she poisoned my child!

Unintentionally, of course!

Seriously, Love ya Jen!

Anyway, all of that to say...I have an idea for someone out there that is much smarter than me.

Would someone PLEASE invent a carseat that is EASY TO CLEAN!

We bought this very nice carseat when Annie was little. It seems quite safe, it is easily adjustable, it is nicely padded...but it is a &$#*@ to clean! Oh my WORD! Seriously, I just finished getting that thing back together this morning! I seriously considered just throwing the entire seat away and buying a new one. I still might. As I was screwing the many screws back on the seat this morning, that you have to unscrew just to get the cover off the seat, I swear I could still smell puke. I've sprayed it with Lysol and Febreze, if that doesn't do the trick, we may be in the market for a new one.

I mean SERIOUSLY people, we can invent cars that drive by themselves, can we not invent a well designed car seat?!!!

So, if you are a smart person, or know someone smart, that wants to make millions of dollars, this is a job for you! Invent an easy to clean car seat, market it to mothers of young children, and you will be successful!

And I will be forever grateful!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, i've been waiting for a new blog in the interesting life of audeee, so please blog!!!!
:) lauren

dawn said...

You okay? I live close-I can be there in seconds!

Always Faith said...

LOL...yuck! sorry about that! i know what you mean about the carseats though....unfortunately, i don't have that kind of genious in me.

Alana said...

I so agree about the car seat. It seems like someone would have figured that out already! I say throw it out if need be...I wouldn't blame you!

Celeste said...

I love my Britax car seats! My daughter hurls all the time in the car thanks to motion sickness, and I had a seat with a million pieces, every time I took it apart to clean it I'd loose pieces.

Anyway, the Britax is really easy to clean, and if you hunt around online you can get them for as cheap as our old Eddie Bauer one, just look for the discontinued patterns.

Did I mention that they have tangle free straps??

Janelle said...

OH, I am feeling for you! Cleaning the car seat is never pleasant. Just don't try to sell me the pukey, smelly one. I will buy just about anything of yours but that.

Glad he is OK!

Anonymous said...

ooh...we have a fabulous one for cleaning....3 styles actually.

They all just unclip to wash...super easy.

Call me in the evening and I can give you the names if you want!

Ooh and maybe instead of poisoned we could say I cleansed his system.

:)

Pam said...

I'm so glad your little guy is okay now. Bummer about the car seat. Hope the Lysol/Febreeze combo works.

I'm Tara. said...

Oh boy -- well, what are ya gonna do, right? That stuff happens. Mitchell sneezed a few times and sounded stuffy last week. I warned my SIL that he either could or could not be getting sick. They took a chance and came for a playdate and now all 4 kids are sick. Lovely, yes?

Miss you - sorry I've been so MIA lately.

Sarah Markley said...

So sorry about the barf in the car. I think all moms have barf stories and many occur in cars...or on long car rides home from the mountains in stop and go traffic and i am sitting next to her as she barfs in my lap and then again out the window and there is no where to stop...oh, wait, that's MY car barf story. BTW, we threw that carseat away. Really.

Earen said...

Oh man...that stinks! I'm so sorry, but glad your son is feeling better. I couldn't agree with you more about making a car seat that's easier to clean. We could make millions!! :-)

Renee said...

I have to say that I am glad that it was just some bad apple juice, too. As I was reading this post, I was thinking "Oh no....the flu bug hit Shelley's house too!" I'm happy to hear that it hasn't.

Has Austin been able to drink apple juice since then? Have you been able to smell it? There is just something about the smell of puke that doesn't go away. Yech.