Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ode to my Hand Vacuum

The crumbs scatter on the hard wood floors,

the leaves blow in from the opened doors.

The dirt tracks in on many feet,

someone drops another treat.

The laundry room floor is a mess,

with cat food, litter, and fur that spreads,

throughout my home, into every room,

Until I pick up you, my trusty Hand Vacuum.

You have great powers, and many strengths,

you don't shy away, and you go to great lengths.

You pick up the dust, the dirt, and the fur,

even the leaves from the opened doors.

You put other hand vacuum's to shame,

I won't even mention their names.

You were my gift, last Mother's Day,

from the children who cause all the messes with play.

Some might think it strange, how I love you so,

but others will not, because they too know,

how important it is in the messes of life,

to have a great vacuum, it lessens the strife.

So thank you my friend, for being there,

when there is another pile of hair.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious! i use mine all the time!!!!
lauren

Earen said...

Ok, that was great! I have to say that I'm not really a practical gift receiver, but I got my hand vacuum as a gift & it's one of my favorite things ever! Thank you for taking the time to say some great words about it! :-)

Darlene R. said...

Hahaha! That's so funny! I need a hand vacuum. Can you believe that I don't have one?

You're so creative!

Pam said...

What a fun and creative post!

Celeste said...

I didn't get one until Luke was a baby. Now I don't know how I made it through Elle's early babyhood. The Cheerios throwing phase was a snap with him!

Alana said...

I love my hand vac...but I have to say that one looks HEAVY DUTY!

I also love a good Ode now and then. My roommate and I wrote one in college to Papa John's. And I have one that I have yet to share about my strip-ed pajama pants ;-)

Cute post!!

Teresa said...

This post made me smile...very cute and creative! My 'hand held' vacuum is a black haired 4 legged beagle mix named Sophie!

Carissa said...

too cute...what a great post! but, you know what would REALLY rock your world? the roomba!!! i LOVE mine!

Shelley said...

Oh Carissa, I want a Roomba, and a Scooba...I know they could change my life!

Janelle said...

That is really ironic because I was at Target yesterday staring at hand vacs. Thanks for the recommendation! I will have to shop for yours.

Alana said...

I have to agree with Carissa about the Roomba. Our is currently on the fritz and it makes me SO SO SO SO SO SO SAD!!!!