Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Last of the First

I had a fabulous haircut yesterday! I didn't do anything drastic, but I do feel lighter and much prettier! I wasn't the only one who needed a trim...
(please excuse the mess and apparant lack of clothing!)


May I present...Austin's First Haircut!


He did pretty good. He was finishing breakfast, when I started. At first he kept trying to see what I was doing, but once I sprinkled a few chocolate chips on his tray, he totally forgot about me!


Those chocolate chips have served us well! Every one of our kiddos has been bribed to sit still for chocolate chips! Heck, I'd sit still for chocolate chips!

I just trimmed his bangs a little, and a little around his ears. I know he needs a little more, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I think that job will be better handled by professionals! I left his little curls in the back. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to part with those! He had those curls when he was born, just a few wisps, but they were there...

(those red marks are birthmarks called stork bites, in case you were wondering :)

The first haircut of our last child. Sigh. He's moving into toddlerhood. Oh who am I kidding? He's running into toddlerhood, full throttle! He'll always be my baby though!


Even if he is a little boy now!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Mom! What a handsome boy!

We have that same seat!!

Janelle said...

Tears.

What a sweet, full throttle boy. I just love that smile and those "man hands".

Good job on the haircut. I am proud of you!

Carissa said...

i had no idea you could cut hair shelley...i am going to have to file that away in my brain under "useful information!" : )

Darlene R. said...

You are one brave woman to cut his hair! I would totally mess it up!
I laughed at your chocolate chip comment. I would sit still for them too!

Great job on the 'do!

Alana said...

I'd sit still for chocolate chips, too. Actually I'd sit still for nothin'. I'm sure you would, too, if you weren't so busy chasing Austin ;-)

That little boy has a special place in my heart. Too cute for words...especially the pic with the John Deere hat. Precious!

Pam said...

Shelley~ you did a great job. Austin is adorable. :)