Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've snapped.

Out of it, that is.

The house is semi-clean once again.

The dishes are done, and so is most of the laundry.

And today, as I drove Ellie to school, my mood finally snapped out of the dungeon that it's been in.

Little things usually do it for me. This morning it was several little things...

A morning when the almost 6 year old doesn't yell/scream/get mad at me for not having her favorite pair of panties clean.

A morning when I don't wake up with a headache for the first day in a while.

A morning when I get slobbery baby kisses.

A morning when I get pure sweetness from my 3 year old.

A morning when the fog is rolling on the lake. Beautiful.

A morning when the sunrise over the hills is breathtaking.

A morning when, although it's 11 degrees outside, I'm warm and cozy.

A morning with my hubby at home.

A morning when I get to get my hair cut!

They add up to me feeling like...well, me. Wish me luck and good hair! I doubt I'll actually do anything really different, but it always feels good to get pampered! I'm not brave enough to cut off 9 inches like Big Mama. Nor will I be posting my personal hair saga. I am far to lazy and unorganized to go and dig out all those old pictures! However, I will have highlights that go all the way to my roots, and a bit less hair to pull back in the clip I wear daily! And that...that's enough for me!

And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALANA!!!!!!!

I love you my friend, and am blessed to have you in real life and blog life! Don't forget me on your way to the top! :)

4 comments:

Carissa said...

yeah for victorious living today! you go girl! and i cracked up at your "don't forget me on your way to the top" comment! that is funny! : )

Janelle said...

I am glad you found joy in the little things. That is great news!

I think you passed your headache on to me. Now I am cranky!

But I still love ya!

Darlene R. said...

Isn't nice to wake up to a good morning? It must be the weather, because I have had a headache for 4 days and today I don't have one.

The sun helps, but it's still so cold. I'm ready for spring!

I hope you had a good time getting your hair done. My hairdresser does a great job massaging my scalp during the wash and rinse. I could sit there forever!

Alana said...

Yay! It feels so good to feel like you at least a little on top of things. It makes life seem a little less overwhelming!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your haircut. And thank for the sweet birthday wishes. You are a funny girl!

Love ya!