Monday, November 26, 2007

Ready...set...GO!

Allrighty then...It's official.

I am dieting, starting today.

I have tried off and on and off and on and...well, you get the picture, for several months now, but now I am really serious.

Really.

This is not new territory for me. I have done this before, and been quite successful at it.

The first time I lost over 60 pounds. That was before I had kids. I was still about 25 pounds from my "goal" when...

I got pregnant with Ellie.

I gained a lot of weight back during pregnancy, and it took me awhile to get back in gear. When Ellie was about 18 months old, I got serious again. In case you were wondering, I counted Weight Watchers points, and exercised for at least 30 minutes a day, to lose the weight. Both times. That last time I got within 18 pounds of my "goal." Then...

I got pregnant with Annie.

Since then I have never been able to stick with a good diet for more than 2 weeks. It's a lot harder now. Both times before, I could exercise without kids screaming for my attention. Yes, the second time I did have one child, but she took a 3 hour nap every afternoon, and that's when I would exercise. I've had a hard time overcoming the obstacles this time.

It's hard to load up two small children and hit the gym everyday. It's hard to exercise when they're awake. I can't seem to get myself up in the morning to exercise before they awake. And at night I've just been too tired, after they're all in bed.

But lately I haven't been as tired. The baby sleeps better at night now that he's stopped nursing. And all the kids go to bed now by 8:00, which leaves me a lot more time in the evening.

So, I'm committing myself. And I'm using this blog to help keep me accountable. I love how Tara has done this, and I hope she doesn't mind, but I think I'll do the same. I'll be keeping a weight loss and exercise journal going on the side of my page. My hope is that that will keep me going through the tough times.

So, wish me luck! This is taking a lot of courage on my part to blog this. I've done really good so far today on my points, and I plan on exercising tonight after the kids go to bed!

11 comments:

Carissa said...

good for you shelley! i really need to be committed too. but it is so hard. i'm inspired though and hope you do GREAT!!! you are so beautiful - hope you know that!

Shelley said...

Ahh, You're so sweet Carissa, thank you!

Pam said...

That's awesome Shelley. I will be praying for you.

Alana said...

I'm in, too, girl. I don't think I'll be blogging about it, but I will commit to be accountable to you. I need that.

We are crazy to start this now, huh?

Atleast we can try to minimize the holiday damage!

Love ya and I'm rooting for you!

Teresa said...

Go Shelley go!

I need to get on that bandwagon as well. I too have had great success with the WW points...I'll be praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it!

I know ya can. You are a strong woman.

Wed...we are at the Y if Annie wants a friend to play with.

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT AUDIE!!!!!!! :)
Lauren

Janelle said...

I am really proud of you.

You can do this.

You (Shelley) can do all things through Christ Jesus who stregthens you.

Darlene R. said...

Hey Shelly!
I have 24 lbs to go, so I am in this with ya!
Maybe I should borrow Tara's idea too, I need to get through the last stages of this. It's a hard process, but I know that it's the right thing for me.
We can do this together, even if only through the blog-o-sphere!
You can do it!

I'm Tara. said...

Go, Shelley, Go!!! :) You are more than welcome to join in! The more the merrier! Feel free to jump on the Mini-Me Monday thing if you feel like that would work for you. Whatever helps, I say!! :)

I'm proud of you for starting and am amazed that I actually inspired someone to try losing weight and being accountable. Makes me chuckle a bit. :)

*bighug* You can do it!!

Renee said...

Yay, Shelley!! This is a hard journey for sure, but you can do it!! I'm the same way...I had two fairly successful attempts at losing weight, and was doing well, and then...I got pregnant. And gained more weight in my pregnancies than I had lost. :P SO not fair!!

But you can do it. I know you can. I'll be praying for you, and cheering you on!!

I'm just re-entering the blogging world, so I'm looking forward to catching up on the posts I've missed while I've been away.

You can do it!!