Monday, November 12, 2007

House

Dear House,
You are a great house. You keep us warm and dry, and you are amazingly patient with the 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 cat that reside in and around you. However...what is with the mess?

Seriously house, I do a pretty darn good job of keeping you clean, despite the 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs and 1 cat. I clean, I wipe, I pick up, all day long! So why, WHY can you not just keep yourself clean??? 2 days ago you were spotless (as long as no one looked too close) and clean. The toys were picked up from your floors, and your sink was empty and clean. So why are you such an incredible mess today? REALLY, is it too much to ask that you just keep yourself UP a little! I mean, the kitchen, the kitchen is awful! And don't even get me started on the piles of toys you've let collect on the floor. And then there's this questionable spot on the floor next to me. It looks suspiciously like dried spit-up. I mean REALLY!

Please House, you need to sit yourself down and have a little talk. Your letting yourself go, and you need to do something about it. Get some therapy, if you need it. Just please straighten yourself up. Now I have to go clean the kitchen you've let get so messy.

Sincerely,
The frustrated mommy that lives here.


13 comments:

Janelle said...

This is so funny! It's true. I think my house is fat and lazy. Maybe we can get a group discount on therapy (or we can just run away to another girl's night out.)

Now that I am thinking about it, my house might be jealous. We might need to have a Girl's Night here so it can be in on the fun.

Carissa said...

shelley...you are a riot! i do think kitchens have a mind all their own. i also think messes have a way of multiplying that is other worldly!!! good luck over there!

Anonymous said...

Maybe "House Boot Camp" is in order!

dawn said...

Sounds all too familiar. As I am blogging insteag of running the vacuum cleaner.

Wish I had a rumba...

Shelley said...

Ya know, Janelle, maybe that's it. Maybe our houses just need some Nertz to get them in shape. OK, let's try it at your house first, and then mine!

Just name the date!

Renee said...

I think our houses are partners in crime. Somewhere, we need to find some positive peer pressure for these houses!!

This is hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh today!

Pam said...

Shelley you crack me up! Great post... so true. I think your house and my house are related. Except for the spit up!!!

Alana said...

AMEN, SISTER!

It is amazing how quickly spotless can become disaster.

It is a house conspiracy.

Darlene R. said...

Hi Shelley!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's a lot of fun to have all of my kids reading now. Except, no more notes about Christmas gifts can be lying around!
Anyway, I love this little note to your house. I need to borrow it and give it to mine!
I just don't understand what the problem is! :)

michelle said...

What a clever post! I love it!

Darlene R. said...

It's me again, sorry! I hope that it's okay that I put your link on my bloglist.

I'm Tara. said...

Okay, I'm adding you to my list of ladies I think I'd be BFF with IRL. :) My house, too!!! What a slacker it is!!!! I might give it a stern talking to tomorrow if this worked out for you. Keep me posted.

Sarah Markley said...

I had actually never thought about just sitting down with the house and having a stern heart to heart. Way to go!