Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My trip to Tulsa. Part 3

Oh the suspense is just killing you, isn't it?

continued from the previous posts...

OK, so no masked maniac attacked me, although for a moment there, I was a bit nervous. I looked high and low for a sign that would tell me what to do, something like...

In case you don't have any money, just call this number and we'll tell you what to do.

But apparently that sign does not exist.

So reluctantly, I just drove on through.

BEEP!

I about came out of my own skin! This really loud buzzer went off behind me, and a red light flashed, as I hit the gas to get as far away as possible, from this God forsaken place.

As I drove, I scanned the skies for the Storm Troopers that I was just sure were about to descend upon my car.

But No.

Apparently nothing happens when you drive through the automatic tolls, instead of paying them.

Not even when you do it for a Second time.

Yep, you read that right.

I got to do it again, a few miles down the road.

At least this one didn't BEEP at me, but it did have a red light.

And believe you me, I was looking for anywhere I could stop to get some cash.

There was Nothing.

Somewhere during all of this Drama, one of my beautiful cousins called, and innocently asked...

Where are you?

I don't KNOW! was my stressed out response.

And in answer to Jen's question, I didn't mean to be at that second toll booth or the third, I took a wrong turn somehow. Apparently they've redone some of the exits, and the one for Tulsa comes earlier than it used too.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

After that second automatic toll booth, I saw a sign for Tulsa, and mercifully it lead me straight into the city, even onto the road I needed to be on.

And I'm not lying, when I tell ya that I thanked God right there at that exit.

I gave the beautiful cousins a call, to let them know I had made it back to civilization, in one piece.

We met here, and celebrated my survival with lots of laughter and good food.

And then I drowned my troubles in the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake.

Oh yes I did.

And I am not one bit ashamed.

We had a fabulous time visiting stores like this, this, this,and this...Oh how I love city shopping!

This is my favorite shopping spot in Tulsa.

And we never even got lost, thanks to some fantastic navigating skills by Laney, one of the beautiful cousins.

She has an incredible sense of direction for a 21 year old.

Obviously it doesn't run in the family.

We parted ways late Saturday evening...Lauren went back to her wonderful hubby and their two cats, and Lane went on to visit her parents. But not before giving me instructions on how to get out of Tulsa, and on the interstate, heading in the right direction.

Thank you Laney.

And yes, I had cash this time.

In fact, I was able to pay up on the first missed toll at the toll booth going home. This time I got a sweet young toll booth operator, who said...

Oh, don't worry, it happens all the time.

With a smile.

Where was she the day before?

And she gave me instructions on what to do about the other two tolls.

Thank you, nice toll lady, thank you.

I made it home, rather uneventfully, after that. And all in all, it was a great trip.

I guess it didn't take a toll on me after all.

Oh I couldn't resist!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Thank goodness for the nice toll lady. Whew!

Hopefully you don't get a fat ticket in the mail...

It looks like you had a fantastic time. I love the shops in Tulsa!

Anonymous said...

what a great story my cousin. i'm glad the nice toll booth lady told you what you can do so you won't get arrested. :)
have a good thanksgiving. we are headed to dub falls sometime today. and don't worry, i have a pike pass!!!!! hahahahha.
love you!!
lauren

Pam said...

I am so glad everything turned out okay and that you are safe. Happy Thanksgiving!

Alana said...

THOROUGHLY enjoyed your toll booth series. Would have caused a complete mental breakdown for me, I'm guessing. But the cheesecake and shopping definitely would have helped ;-)

michelle said...

You had me at Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake!!!!!