Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's the Simple Things...

You know how sometimes it's the simple pleasures that just make your day.

I went to Kohl's today.

With a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

So fun.

Not.

Anyway, half way through the store, Annie needed to go potty.

Of course.

And the potty...waaaay in the back corner of the store.

Of course.

So we hiked through the store, and fiiiinally made it to the bathroom. I see a sign marked "Family Restroom" and head for that.

I am a Big Fan of the Family Bathroom.

Why?

Well, first, I can usually fit my cart filled with kids through the door. Second, I don't have to deal with anyone trying to crawl under the door of my stall while I'm going potty. Third, they're usually cleaner.

Anyway, I opened the door of the "Family Restroom", and Annie squealed.

It had a little potty!!!

Like the pre-school ones.

Oh, she was just Thrilled!

And...it had one of those little seats for your toddler! (not the potty, the bathroom!) I didn't need it, since my cart fit through the door, and Austin was contained in that, but still! It was there if I needed it!

Oh the Joy that the Kohl's Family Restroom provided for us today!

Like I said, Simple Pleasures.

9 comments:

Alana said...

Amen, sister! Had a similar experience with Will. He loved the tiny potty! I also second your opinion on the family restroom. Great invention!

Celeste said...

I got a little flutter of excitement reading your post! I'm SO shopping there from now on!

I third family restrooms. They had one in one of the airports I went to and it was a lifesaver because I couldn't fit the stroller in the handicap stall. There must have been a woman designer!

Janelle said...

Family restrooms are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

They rock!

Teresa said...

I'm a huge fan of the family restrooms as well! I know Ashlyn is so very excited when there is a little potty! We've not been to Kohl's yet (I know) but we're totally going to check out the bathroom when we do!

michelle said...

Great to know about the 5 star restroom! I was too busy shopping the last time I was in Kohl's to even make a potty break! I'll have to check it out!

I'm Tara. said...

Simple pleasures is right, sister friend!! That's awesome to know about. I'm glad that the potty break was a joy instead of a drain! What did you get??? That's what I'm really wondering!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I love them, too!

dawn said...

You remember what I said about TJ Maxx? Kohl's ranks right up there.

But I do love the baby chair in the potty!

Pam said...

That's great! I love when a crazy day gets turned around over something so 'simple'. :)