Saturday, March 8, 2008

Time

Today I've had time.

The girls spent the night at Grammie's last night, and we're not picking them up until tonight.

Thank you Grammie. THANK YOU!

Austin and I have spent the day at home. We've had time for lots of fun things...blocks, books, snacks, balls, chase, and counting toes. Most importantly he's had time for a good long NAP!

Time. It's something I don't take for granted anymore. I rarely have enough time in my day for everything I want to do. Today has been different though.

I've had time to relax. To watch a TV show in it's entirety!

I've had time to catch up on laundry, and not get behind on dishes.

I've had time to organize. A little in my clothes closet, but mostly in my scrapbook closet. Actually I moved my scrapbook closet, switching it with a different one that will be more convenient. Hopefully I will actually start using it now!

I've had time for a shower!

I've had time for a couple of uninterrupted phone calls!

I've had time to finish a book. I haven't done that in years. I know you're wondering which book...It was The Explosive Child, by Ross Greene. The title sounds scary, but it's been a fantastic book. Last week with Ellie was rough. This battle was just the beginning. I've been meaning to finish this book for almost a year. When I began it, and began implementing some of it's suggestions, I knew it was good. But time ran short, much like my memory, and soon I forgot what to do. So today I read up on my notes, and then finished the book. It took 2 1/2 hours of my time, but it was worth it. If you struggle with a child that explodes, whether it be with frustration or anger, this book is worth your time.

I've had time to think. To look through my planner and plan for the coming week. These are things I used to take for granted. It's hard to even think amongst the chaos that is often my life.

I've had time to pray. Oh Lord I apologize for almost forgetting this one today! You should have been my first priority! Thank You for my time!

I've even had time to blog. It's been a wonderfully rare day in my world, and I've cherished it.

Now it's time to go get my girls!

12 comments:

michelle said...

Shelley, I'm so glad you had time today for the little things that make a big difference! :)

Anonymous said...

It is so good you had TIME today because in the middle of the night tonight we will lose an entire hour of TIME.

Here is to more daylight...whohoo!

Pam said...

I am so glad you had a great day with time for everything. I wish it didn't go by so fast.

Carissa said...

so happy for you shelley...that kind of "time" can be SO refreshing!!!

dawn said...

I love time at home. What a blessing to have grandparents close by when you need time.

Yea for you today!

Janelle said...

Sounds like you got a lot done with your time today. Isn't that the best feeling???

Earen said...

I'm so glad you had some time for you. What a blessing from Grammies...just had very similar time as you this past weekend. Ahhh...

Celeste said...

I think it is amazing that you found time with a toddler. You can tell you have three children!

I was so overwhelmed when I just had one toddler, and now I feel like it is such a break to just have one when Elle is away.

Always Faith said...

lol...isn't that wonderful?? i LOVE getting those "times" =)

Anonymous said...

I love days like that! They don't come along often enough. I guess if they did, we wouldn't appreciate them as much, huh?

Alana said...

Blessed time! I'm glad you had a great day. Tell your Mom, I have a couple of boys for her if she ever gets the hankering for a little change of pace!

Sarah Markley said...

Shelley - time is wonderful. I waste it sometimes, worrying or yelling or being angry. Its wonderful to be able to have time and to spend it well. Good for you!