Thursday, March 6, 2008

And a special thanks to my husband for providing my readers with a good laugh...

Thank you.

Thank you to all my friends and family who called, commented, or spent time with me on my birthday.

I wasn't too hopeful about it being a fantastic day. When you are an adult, things just don't tend to be "All About You" anymore. Even birthdays. Sad, but true. But as the day went on, and I kept getting messages on my phones wishing me a Happy Birthday, my mood significantly lightened.

Y'all made my day! Seriously! By the afternoon I was positively thrilled with my day! So thrilled that I forgot to pick up my kindergartner!

Oops!

Thank you Michelle, for rescuing me, and Ellie!

I realized yesterday, the importance of a phone call. What a difference it made in my day. From now on, I plan to call my friends on their birthdays. Even if it's just to leave a sweet message. Because that, that is what friends do.

In other news...After my birthday dinner last night (which from now on will NOT include our kids!) we came home and put the kids to bed. Then Jason showed me the new TV he got for the living room. It's nice, it's the right size, and it's digital and HD and all that Jazz. He was as pleased as punch, of course, as TV's are mighty important to men. I was happy that he was happy. He then said, Go check out the computer!

Um, we didn't get a new computer did we? 'Cause that's not really in the budget! No, not a new computer, but this...


THAT, is our old TV, now being used as a COMPUTER MONITOR. I cannot explain to you how huge this thing is. It's like a 27" flat screen TV or something, ON MY DESK. My husband is a little, well, over the top when it comes to some things...This being one of them! He loves anything BIG or INDUSTRIAL, because ya know, if it's INDUSTRIAL, then it must be better!

So, now if you come to my house, you will see the WORLD'S LARGEST COMPUTER MONITOR, sitting on my desk.

And I will apologize for it, because that's what I do.

10 comments:

dawn said...

Happy Birthday, My Shelley!

I had no idea or I would have called. I want to be that kind of friend too. There's always next year.

Love the new monitor. That is way cool. Now you have to post a pict of the new tv so we can all drool!

Darlene R. said...

I can actually SEE that you were on Big Mama's blog~ now that's one big screen!

Carissa said...

happy happy day after your birthday shelley. i didn't call either. i stink. but, had i remembered it was your birthday i would have called. cause i am INTO you!!!! glad your day was terrific! so are YOU! : )

Fran said...

That is one giant screen and I'm very jealous of course!! In a good way! :)

Always Faith said...

ROFL...your husband and my husband have a lot in common when it comes to SCREEN-AGE!!!! LOL! And by the way, happy birthday!! March is the best time of year for birthdays...in my personal opinion...LOL!

Pam said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY SHELLEY!!!! You are wonderful and I am so glad you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it was a good day!


Course the weather I ordered for you did just put the icing on the cake!


You are so right about the phone calls. Just thinking about the person all day isn't enough, a call is good.

Janelle said...

Boy am I glad that I am one of those friends that called! Those other girls...LOSERS!

Just kidding!

You know I love you, girl. I am so glad Jason is saving your eyes from pre-mature aging. Next year comes the Reader's Digest in WIDEPRINT, and the digital clock with BIG numbers, and the XTRA LARGE remote control.

Anonymous said...

that thing is awesome!!!
lauren

Anonymous said...

Jason would!

~Laney-lou