Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sad Times...

OK, I am admitting that I miss my Not-that-Great housekeeper.


She really wasn't that great. She never moved anything to clean behind it, or under it. But every Friday afternoon (except when she would cancel) I would come home to a (kinda) clean house. It at least looked clean. And sometimes, that's enough people, just the image of clean. And yes, I realize that I was totally not dealing with the reality of the faux cleaning...


Until now.


When I Swiffered under the end table and came out with...Well, it was just gross, and for your benefit, I'll leave it there.


We bought those end tables 4 months ago, and I can truly say that I am SURE that they have NEVER been cleaned under, until now.


So, All this to say that for some reason, I am still mourning the loss of the Not-that-Great housekeeper.


Because at least when she was still coming, I could live in my fantasy world where my house was perfectly cleaned every week. I could ignore the fact that I could see dust piles accumulating in corners that were seldom used, and assume that she'd get to those the next week.


Now I live in reality land, where I am cleaning my own home, and finding the piles of dust bunnies that the Not-that-Great housekeeper never cleaned.


I keep trying to tell myself that I feel SO much better about my home now that I know it's being cleaned the RIGHT way, by Me.


Yeah...


7 comments:

Janelle said...

I will mourn right along side of you. These are sad times, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hooray...hooray!!!

These are not times to mourn! Think of the fat wad of MONEY you just saved!

YEE HAW!

I could call you every Friday to cheer you on...would that help?

Carissa said...

girl...a bad housekeeper is better than no housekeeper ANY day! call her! set yourself free!

Celeste said...

I'd take a cleaned house over a wad of money any day! :)

dawn said...

I agree. I'd take a clean house that was cleaned by someone else instead of money. You just cannot put a price on your sanity.

Pam said...

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What does the term "clean house" mean?

Shelley said...

GOOD ONE PAM!