Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catching up...

Ohhhh Kaaay...

I'm blogging, FINALLY!

It's a happy moment...a cup of coffee (with lots of sugar!), a quiet house, all bloglines read, and time to spare! I have to admit, catching up on all the blogs I read was a bit daunting, and for a moment there, I thought...Why am I doing this?...but then I started reading...and laughing (quietly!), and crying, and just having a grand ole time...and then I remembered...That's Why! There have been many, many things I have wanted to blog, but unfortunately I have a terrible memory, and now I can only remember 2...

First...If you EVER feel bad about the state that your house is in, just come back here and look at this picture!



Yep, that is my kitchen. Honestly it was so messy, I could barely believe it myself. This was sometime last week, I had let it go for a few days, A FEW DAYS, and this is what happened! It was so bad, I was looking for a place to sit a dirty pan, and I couldn't find one! Oh, and in case you can't tell in the pic, the rooms beyond and behind the kitchen were just as messy! And the Coca-Cola cooler, yeah, it's been there for a month. Alas, I did clean it, and took a picture for posterity (and my reputation!)

I cleaned it top to bottom...and then lit a candle in honor of my hard work!

Second...We had the BEST day on Sunday. It was one of those days that you look back on and smile. We went to my Grandpa's house to fish in his pond. He has a picturesque farm about 30 miles from us, and every time we go there, we just have a wonderful time. It was a beautiful day, warm with a cool breeze. We fished, and played, and talked...My parents and my cousin came too, just some really good family time. Grandpa got the tractor and the BIG lawn mower out, and the kids got to ride around the farm. And by kids, I mean my hubby too!

Austin had a great time just walking around outside, trying to eat sticks, getting dirty (just look at the seat of his pants!), and playing with the fishing poles...








Annie enjoyed being outside, although fishing didn't hold her interest for long. I did get a good picture of her before she decided that it was taking too long to catch a fish...





And Ellie, well Ellie just enjoyed herself immensely! That girl is made to live on a farm...





And the grand finale...



We caught a GIANT catfish! Although, if you ask Ellie, she'll tell you...


I caught a WHALE! A really big WHALE! And it weighs 100 pounds!!! And Daddy cut it up, and pulled its' bones out, and we're gonna EAT IT!


Both girls helped Daddy clean the fish. I personally don't want to see that, but they were fascinated!


It just melts a mother's heart to hear her children talking about fish guts.


Oh it feels good to be back!



3 comments:

Carissa said...

fishing is a sport for the patient. that is why i don't fish! love the catch up! welcome back!

Teresa said...

I'm glad you had a great Sunday at the farm! I love the pics of all the kids. I love reading your posts and it's nice to know that my kitchen isn't the only one with stuff in it for longer than a month! :)

Janelle said...

Great review! Love the clean kitchen and the candle burning in it's honor!

Z was made to live on a farm, too. It makes me crave a simpler life. So peaceful and calm. I love days like that because they are maximum family time.