Saturday, July 14, 2007

we painted the town with fried goodness!

May I just say that yesterday I thought I was tired, today I have reached a whole nother level of tiredness!

I love my friends.

We are not your normal crowd. We have been know to close restaurants down, have slumber parties, and roast marshmallows until 3 am, all WITH kids in tow! (kids ages almost 10 months - 7 years) We've gotten many a dirty look, and I'm sure a few "under the breath" comments in our ventures.

But boy do we know how to have FUN!

Take last night for instance. . .Celebration City and then dinner afterwards. . .at 11pm. All but one (we missed you Dixie!) were in attendance for the Celebration City part of the evening (24 total). We rode rides and played in the fountains until we were forced to leave. (i actually think they closed the gates right behind us!) We lost 7 members after the Park closed down due to the fact that some had no dry clothes to continue on in (honestly I think Mr. Jim was probably glad to have a good excuse to cut out early!) and some were just way to tired to continue on. The remaining 18 (we actually added one for dinner!) went on to IHOP for dinner. When we were told that we would have to wait an HOUR for seating at IHOP we decided to move on to. . .Deno's Fried Pies. Thanks to Janelle's hubby, they stayed open for us! I think that Janelle, Jennifer, Alana and I wanted to be like BooMama and have us some Fried Goodness! However, after arriving we lost 4 more members, I can't blame them, they had one sleeping child. So, we (the LOYAL ones! :) just kiddin' ya'll!) finally sat down to our Fried Goodness, 7 kids at one table, 6 adults and a baby at another! At 11:30pm. After a lovely and nutritious dinner we finally parted ways just after midnight.

I love my friends!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

We have had good times. I was trying to think of all the things our Supper Club group has done. It is amazing!

bowling, baseball, rollercoasters, IHOP, gingerbread houses, creek playing, smores, campfires, house moving, house painting, babysitting, hospital pacing, swimming, boating, beaching, picnicing, parking, movies, sushi eating, shopping, birthday parties, praying, crying, laughing, sharing, mini golfing, crap shooting, guitar hero, etc, etc.

Good times.

Alana said...

I don't know about you guys, but I paid for eating "fried goodness" that late at night with some serious heartburn. My digestive system ain't what it used to be.