Wednesday, July 25, 2007

this one's a keeper

The fabulous and famous BooMama has introduced me to a new and now favorite group...Monk and Neagle! Thanks to the fabulous BooMama, I received one of their not even available to the general public CD's. How cool is that?!!! The awesome BooMama (i realize that I'm going a bit overboard, but just in case you read this BooMama, I wanted you to feel proud!) has asked us to write a review, if we so wish, of the CD. So, without further ado, here is my very first, incredibly hard hitting, album review.

The Twenty-First Time by Monk and Neagle:

Track 1 - Beautiful You:
What a happy song! I love that God has a "beautiful voice" and that he "taught the stars to shine." This song has wonderful wordplay's.

Track 2 - The Twenty-First Time:
This is a song that truly makes me think. It makes me want to stop and pray for those I see that are less fortunate, or who are having a rough time in life.

Track 3 - Hallelujah, Jesus:
A fantastic praise and worship song! This song makes me want to close my eyes and lift my hands, and I'm baptist!

Track 4 - Stars would fall:
I really like the chorus on this song, and to be called a Queen by the one who loves you is something special! Whoever this song was written for should feel incredibly loved.

Track 5 - What Soldier's Do:
This song makes me cry. I think of all the families that are missing each other. I picture the 10 year old boy waiting for his daddy to come home and tuck him in at night, and I picture the daddy, sitting in the dessert, but dreaming of taking his little boy fishing. . .tears.

Track 6 - Yours Forever:
I love the percussion and the great upbeat tempo in this song. It's a great song to wake-up to!

Track 7 - More Than That:
Poignant lyrics that really touch my soul. My favorite "I'm ready to be who you made me to be."

Track 8 - Wonderful Angel:
This song has that "Island Feel" and I love it! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy and young and in love with my fabulous hubby!

Track 9 - Fallin':
A song with a beautiful melody, it relaxes me.

Track 10 - Into Orbit:
A great song with great energy.

Track 11 - What Soldier's Do (The Remix) see above, track 5.

Thanks again BooMama and Monk and Neagle. I love free stuff, but I would have paid good money, I'm talkin' full price, for this one!

If you wanna check out Monk and Neagle you can click on their banner below.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

"More Than That" really sums up how much most of us live our life. He does deserve more than we give Him. I am loving my free cd, too, and I enjoyed reading your review. I know BooMama will be proud when she reads how great she is!! :)
I found your blog through your comment at BooMama's blog.

Janelle said...

Awesome review! You took the words right out of my mouth. Very fresh sound.

Anonymous said...

Exactly how I felt...this cd completely calms my kids in the car when played loud :)