Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Creative Avoidance

Avoidance. That is the name of the game that I'm playing this morning.


Why?


Well...



Yes, that is my kitchen. And yes, that would be Austin crawling through the mayhem.


I have done all sorts of things this morning, none of which involved me setting FOOT inside my kitchen! Note, that even when I took the picture, I was standing outside the kitchen!


The mess is the aftermath of the party we had last night. It was a Backyard BBQ in honor of Annie's 3rd birthday and Austin's 1st birthday. We had a blast with our friends and family! I love parties. I love being with friends, I love watching our kids play nicely together, I love good food, and I love good music. Some things I don't love are the actual work of getting everything ready! Yesterday I actually didn't stress too much, mostly because my mom had the girls, and being that it was an outside party, Jason had to help a bit more!


It really was a great time.

I loved seeing our swing set filled with kids laughing and playing. It was one of those moments that I envisioned when we got it!




I loved seeing our deck filled with friends, another vision I've had!



I love the EASINESS of cupcakes!




I loved seeing Austin tear into his cupcake, that boy is hilarious!




I loved watching Annie play with her buddies!




Ok, so now I must go tend to my kitchen, because my eye is starting to twitch at the thought of Austin crawling on the very dirty floor!



4 comments:

Janelle said...

Great party! Great pix.

I loved the easiness of your cupcakes, too. They were EASY to eat!

Alana said...

Love that! Great pictures of a GREAT party! The cupcake flag was sooo cute!

Thanks for the fun! Hope you were able to wade through the mess. Party aftermath is not fun!

dawn said...

Thanks for showing us that we are not alone in our hatred for cleaning.

You are one REAL woman and I love it!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Thanks for stopping by mom blog! LOVE the cupcakes. :>)