Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Home! At least for a little while...

Oh am I happy to be home!


Seriously, I feel like I haven't had more than 5 minutes to sit down at home in days!


I finally got all the blogs on my bloglines un-highlighted!


Oh, the things that make me happy.


Anyway, after tomorrow, it may be a few days between posts, 'cause starting Friday, I probably won't sit down until Tuesday.


Seriously, I'm beginning to think I may have over scheduled us. Although, in my own defense, until yesterday, I only had 2 things on my datebook for the next 5 days.


Now it's full.


Sometimes I wish I had this life...




That would be the cat of the house, Princess Daisy.


But for now I'm enjoying the quiet day at home, that is until we pick up Ellie at school and head to swimming lessons!


Anyway, on to other news...


I just heard the words that strike fear into every mother's heart (well, at least mine)...


"Mommy, I want to play with Play-Doh."


NOOOOO!


I'm sorry, but I hate Play-Doh!


I realize that it's a wonderful product that helps with motor skills and imagination and blah blah blah...


It always results in a HUGE mess, that I spend way too much time cleaning up.


Let's be honest, I have much better things to do with my time than cleaning up play-doh.


For instance, Blogging!


Anyway, I caved...




At least she's happy, and for once, not watching 14 episodes of Dora while mommy blogs.


I really should be nominated for Mother of the Year.


Especially since her baby brother is crawling around on the floor underneath her, and eating the play-doh scraps.


Well, there you have it. Teresa, I hope you're happy, 2 posts in 2 days! By the way, I'm glad you got a blogger account, now we're waiting for the Blog!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny, me and my friend maziel were saying the other day how we wished we were our cats so we could lay around all day and get everything given to us!
Lauren

Alana said...

Play Doh is from the devil.

Teresa said...

LOL Shelley! I am much impressed with your dual blogs and I just love reading them! We'll have to see about me and this whole blogging business...

I have to agree with Alana when it comes to play doh. It's a play DON'T at my house. I do love the stuff...but not when I have to clean it up!!!

Janelle said...

Call me insane, but Play Doh is heaven around here. Yes, it's a mess. But the quiet of my kids playing together makes it worth sweeping up.

I have an old vinyl tablecloth that I spread on the table and take outside to shake out.

There aren't many toys that my kids will play with TOGETHER w/o fighting.

Shelley said...

I will say that it kept Annie happily occupied for over an hour! And actually, today the mess wasn't all that bad...but, I'm not getting a false sense of security! And is it Play Doh, or Play Dough? I must go check, and if needed, go edit my post now.

michelle said...

I have to agree with Janelle! We love Play Doh at our house! I even have fond memories of playing with it myself!