Friday, July 18, 2008

Random thoughts on a Friday night.

I put my kids in bed at 7:30 tonight.
It's 10:05 now, and they just fell asleep.
If I had a dollar for every, "MOM", I heard after I put them to bed tonight, I'd be at least $25 richer.
We're having a bit of a tough time with the summertime sleep schedule.
I've been waiting until they're asleep to vacuum Cheez-it crumbs off the couch.
Also to do a sink full of dishes.
I think I'm skipping the dishes.
I'm wondering if Austin took the sheet off his bed again before he fell asleep.
For some reason I really want to go to Target right now.
I won't.
I think I read ten books to Annie tonight, trying to help her wind down.
She hardly ever wants to read.
Tonight was different.
She'll be four in one month.
Ack!
Ellie was just WIRED tonight.
Now I'm wondering if the Lipton white tea she drank at dinner had caffeine in it.
She drank a lot of it.
Now I'm wired.
And I don't know why.
I'm on the big "D" like Alana.
I'm starting to see some results.
But I want to see MORE.
Actually, I just want to be done.
I don't want to say too much.
I'm afraid I'll jinx myself.
I will say this, if you're on the big D, AVOID WAL-MART.
It's a diet killer.
My house has been quiet for twenty minutes now.
I guess I'll go vacuum those Cheez-its.
Good night.

10 comments:

Janelle said...

Great insights on a crazy night! I love the thoughts in your head.

Teresa said...

You validate my sanaity.

I want you to know that you are not alone in ANY of those random thoughts!

I gave up soda the end of May and that's the only baby step I've taken toward the BIG D. DJ, on the other hand, started the "all protein" diet 3 1/2 weeks ago and has almost lost 30lbs. It's like those "slimquick" commercials.

I hate him.

HA!

Here's to a better day tomorrow...low stress...high fun...and no green tea for Ellie!

Hey...don't stress out too much with the BIG D...we're getting new bodies someday, right?????? :)

Jamie said...

I like reading your thoughts. I feel that way too. I am avoiding the Big D, because I just don't wanna give anything up. I know I should. It was nice seeing you at the pool and watching your big guy wade around.

Anonymous said...

Summer is crazy for bedtimes.

Some days it seems we end up with the fall asleep anywhere at any time!

dawn said...

You are a great mom, Shelley. Never forget that!

Fran said...

Hope yalls weekend has been great!
Hugs,
Fran

Carissa said...

love the random thoughts. looking forward to seeing you monday night!

Darlene R. said...

I read about your days and I think back to my days that were like that. They still are, in a way.

I hope you have a good week!

Earen said...

In my professional opinion, I've found it best to just avoid all stores, TV commercials, restaurants, & food...hmmm...doesn't quite work that way, does it! Oh, I so understand your journey, but hang in there..one day at a time!

Alana said...

I'm so proud of you with the Big D, you are doing GREAT! I know what you mean about jinxing it. I'm always afraid to say anything to anyone for fear of that ;-)