Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Birthday!

As I've gotten (a little!) older, I have come to a realization.

Birthdays aren't as cool as they used to be.

HOWEVER, this year was an exception for me!

On my birthday there was a Rascal Flatts concert, and I got to go! My super sweet sis in law surprised me with tickets!

And when I say "surprised" I mean, SURPRISED! Since not only did she get tickets, unbeknownst to me, but then I went and threw a kink in things when I bought my OWN tickets to the same concert! That's right, I ruined her surprise! I mean who would've thought I'd be listening to the radio at the exact right time, to hear about tickets to a sold-out concert for a group I love, and decide to go ahead and buy them, without checking with Jason first! I sure wouldn't have thought that could happen! But it did! Poor Michelle. It all ended up good though, actually GREAT, because our husbands got to go too!

And we had a BLAST!


Mayberry!


Summer Nights!


Rascal Flatts!


So THANK YOU MICHELLE!!! And Chris and Jason for making my night a blast! And my mom for keeping my kids so we could go!

A few days later I got to continue celebrating with lunch and shopping with my sweet mom, grandma, and aunt, and then a few days after that I finished up with a dinner out with friends! Like I said, this was a good birthday year for me!


Is that not the cutest pic of me and my friends?! Love them! Good job stretching your arm Jen! ;-)

So I take it back. Birthdays aren't as cool as they used to be...They're better! At least this one was!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

So glad you had a good birthday!

The concert looks like a blast...so fun. Next time buy 6 tickets (ha!)

Love you and that picture of all of us. Such a great pic.

MarytheKay said...

How funny that you BOTH bought tickets!! Love the friends pic!!! :-)