Saturday, August 2, 2008

This makes me happy.

This morning I woke up without a brain, and took all three of my kids shopping, outside, in triple digit heat.

Oh okay, I have a brain. I just really wanted to see if this pair of shoes I wanted was on sale before I take a little trip next week. (more on that at a later date!) My want for the shoes outweighed my un-want of taking three kids with me, so off we went.

After an hour of weeding our way down the sidewalks of our favorite shopping area, I found the shoes, they weren't on sale, I bought them anyway. It was worth full price not to drag us all back there again!

We were hot and sticky at 10AM, and I was ready to go home.

As we had walked, I noted that several stores were participating in a sidewalk sale. One particular store I like had a few tables set out, so we stopped to check them out. That's when I found this...


It's a beach towel.

A beautiful, makes me very happy, beach towel!


I realize to some it's just a towel, but to me, well I don't know, I just REALLY like it. It's big and soft and fluffy, and just NICE.

I had admired this beach towel a few other times, but at $34, I easily resisted. But today, well TODAY it was marked 1/2 off. A mere $17! I have never before spent $17 on a beach towel, but I did today.

And I don't regret it.

In fact this little "find" made the 3 hours of sweaty shopping worth the trip!

It's from the Vera Bradley "Seaside Collection."

I've admired this collection several times. A friend of mine has a bag in this print, and every time I see it, I love it.

Seaside Collection. Doesn't that just sound heavenly? I picture myself in an Adirondack chair on a beach in the Hamptons. Big sunglasses, wide brimmed hat, and MY beach towel. A cool drink and a great book by my side.

Or you know, hanging out in the sweltering sun at the city pool with splashing, screaming kids all around.

Whichever.

:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a cute towel!

It will be adorable on the kidless boat tomorrow!

Hope Annie feels better...AJ was sad to see her go.

Jamie said...

A girl can dream can't she.
I like the towel. Great find!!

Alana said...

cute! Just watch your back. And if it mysteriously disappears...it wasn't me.

Janelle said...

It wasn't me either. Or was it?

I heart Vera!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! And what a bargain! $17 is a small price to pay for happiness! :-)

Celeste said...

LOVE it! I was just looking at verabradley.com (since Luke drew all over my sweet purse that I got for a steal), and they have the seaside purses on sale. I am sooo tempted right now...

Fran said...

I had no idea she had a beachside or whatever it is, doesn't matter, collection!!

I love Vera Bradley. And, I adore that towel. It'd be perfect for me this week...(at the beach!)