Monday, August 18, 2008

Annie's day(s).

My sweet Annie Grace is now four years old. Wow. I don't know why, but this one is hard for me to swallow. Maybe it's because five is next, and well, I don't think I can go there right now. She's looking so much older to me lately. Her body, her face, the way she holds herself. She's just so beautiful. She had three fantastic days of celebration in honor of her birthday...

August 15th. Her birthday! She and Ellie had spent the night with Grammie and Grandaddy, so Daddy, Austin and I joined them that afternoon for some fun at a ballgame in the big city! It was great weather, fun times, and a winning team! Here's Annie with Grammie...


Our favorite part of the night was the fireworks show at the end of the game. It was Awesome! Annie was quite excited to get fireworks for her birthday! :) Annie with "her" fireworks...


August 16th. Since we hadn't been with her for much of her actual birthday, we decided to celebrate as a family on Saturday. She picked Steak and Shake for lunch and Red Lobster for dinner. That girl knows how to eat! She opened her gifts from us that night too. Here's Annie with her favorite gift of the night, her new cash register! This picture shows her face so well, the face that's looking so grown up...


August 17th. Party day! We had some friends over for a seriously fun "Candy Store" party. Annie's favorite thing in the world is candy, and she wants to own a candy store someday, (isn't that just the most fun thing to want to do when you grow up?!) hence the theme for the party. Annie's Candies had it's grand opening right in our playroom!


Annie welcomed her customers and Ellie showed them the candy...


...then Annie checked them out at her new cash register! Oliva and Bailey helped her count every one's candy...so cute!


Unprompted, the kids all sat down to eat their candy, they were so cute!


She had a blast! And talk about your sugar rush! We also rented a cotton candy machine, which turned out to be really fun and quite the hit with kids and parents! Jason was the cotton candy master!



The family stayed for present opening time, and this year went MUCH better than last year! (When she got really upset with me because I made her open her presents!) This year Annie had a blast opening all her gifts! Here she is hugging her great-grandma Ellie...


She was SO thrilled with everything. When she was done opening gifts, she dressed up in a new dress up outfit and put on a show for us all!


One last picture. This girl steals my heart in so many ways. She is sweet, beautiful, kind spirited, easy going, graceful...and she wanted two cupcakes, one chocolate, one vanilla. Both of which she only ate the icing off of!


That's my Annie! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron said the party was great!

AJ was definitely on a sugar high yesterday!

Janelle said...

It was a blast! I am so glad they had some backyard time to even out the high!

Annie is beautiful. You are right, her face is changing. She is a big girl ready for preschool!

Great party, my friend!

Carissa said...

too too cute! the party looks SUPER fun!

Fran said...

My favorite is the dress and the microphone and the singing! You better watch her! ;)

Hugs and Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Celeste said...

How Fun! We WERE at that game! How funny!!!!!

You may have noticed my car in the parking lot on your way out.. my battery died so I had to wait on J-man to come up from Ozark to jump me. Wish I had known you were there!

dawn said...

We drove by your house the other day and wondered what we were missing....now I know...cotton candy!

So happy for four!

Alana said...

That was such a great idea for a party and the kids had a blast. The cotton candy was my personal favorite. You can do that every year if you like. Maybe next year I will no longer be on the big D and won't have to be quite as conservative with my cotton candy consumption. A girl can hope!

Jamie said...

It looks like Annie had a great celebration. Yay 4!!!

Darlene R. said...

How much fun was that! What a great idea! I loved that she wanted two cupcakes, white and chocolate and then ate only the icing. She's my kinda woman!

Happy Birthday Annie! You look much older than 4! ;)

Anonymous said...

annie is the cutest kid ever!!!! i wish i could have been at her party. it looked like so much fun!
lauren

Earen said...

WOW...I want to come to that kind of party! How fun of mom are you! I enjoyed reading your fun trip with your mom too! Hope you're doing well!

Sarah Markley said...

sounds like a blast - i once tried to work a cotton candy machine.

not
a
pretty
sight.
=)

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

I'm so happy that Josh (he had a great time despite his quietness...which is unusual.) and I could be there for her 4th! She really is growing up and looks so much older. There is a picture I took last time I was in town at McAllister's where she looks 8...maybe I shouldn't send that one to you. ;-) Love you so much!