Sunday, August 31, 2008

My sweet boy.

So I wanted to do a post about my sweet boy. With Ellie starting first grade a week and a half ago, and Annie starting preschool this week, which you know I'll be posting about, I decided he needed his own post. An update, if you will, on him and what he's been up to lately. My idea blossomed into a mini photo shoot. I bought some of the cutest boy pj's known to man the other day at Target, and I decided that they'd make the perfect outfit for a post all about him. Here he is as we started...

I think he was protesting. NO SMILES FOR MOMMY!


Then he got thirsty, and when I asked him to smile for me, he gave me this...


Here he's looking like someone trying to hide from the paparazzi. The mom paparazzi.


And finally he made his way to the exercise room, and gave me this shot.


It's okay son, that's the way I want to use the Bowflex too.

So there he is, my sweet boy. I cannot express how he steals my heart daily. He's so busy and full of energy and life. He can destroy a room in 2 minutes flat. He has little impulse control. He speaks his own language, which I usually cannot decipher. He delights in yanking Annie's hair, or ransacking Ellie's room. He has quite the scream when he gets mad. But then he flashes me that smile, that all boy smile...


And I melt.

10 comments:

Celeste said...

He's grown!! I can't believe how boy-like instead of baby-like he is!! What a handsome dude!!

Darlene R. said...

I can't believe how he doesn't look like a baby anymore! He is a cutie!

I see lots of hair pulling days in his future! ;)

Anonymous said...

He won't know what to do with mommy to himself two days a week!

I love his new hair cut!

Jamie said...

He is getting so big. He cracked me up at Elaina's bday party. He was having his way with the chips and salsa.

Fran said...

I think he is the cutest stinkin thing I've ever seen!! If those are pj's he has on...then my heart just melted!! Too adorable!

Love,
Fran

Earen said...

He's such a sweetie & I'm jealous you have an exercise ROOM! How awesome is that!!

Janelle said...

He is so big. When did that happen?

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! You're now the Mom-arazzi!

Alana said...

He is a cutie...I agree with Jen, you both are really going to enjoy Tue and Thur mornings this year!

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

Oh man, I LOOOVE his secret language too! He's just so precious!