Monday, April 21, 2008

Our newest addition...

Meet the kitten...


Her name? Well, Ellie thinks it's Rainbow, but I'm still not convinced, so I keep trying to change her mind. We'll see how that goes.


Oh who am I kidding, her name's Rainbow.

I was wrong, by the way, we made it a whole WEEK before we got a kitten. Ellie likes to do that to me, prove me wrong. I think it's her way of keeping me on my toes. Not only did we wait a week, we didn't want the first kitty we saw, nor did we want the littlest kitty we could have.

Seriously, she proved me wrong all week.


I thought she'd want the first one we found. I thought she'd want a little kitten, like 6 or 7 weeks old. We visited some last Saturday that were 6 weeks old, tiny and just too cute. I thought she'd love them.

Nope.

Actually, they made her nervous. They were SO small and their little claws would catch our clothes, she just didn't know what to do. So we waited another day, and yesterday we visited a shelter about 45 minutes away.

She spotted her kitten within seconds of being in the cat room. There were three of them, two girls and a boy. Siblings that had been born at the shelter about 10 weeks ago, that had lived their lives in a cage. They were bigger, but still little. She picked the one she liked the best, and held it carefully. It was calm and quiet, and just snuggled into her arms. It was her kitten.

So here we are, 24 hours later. So far, so good. She's used her litter box, she's started to eat, and she's still alive.

All good.

Annie and Austin love her too. And of course we've already had arguments over who gets to hold her next. Of course.

So welcome to the family, Rainbow Tulip Sparkles Cupcakes, welcome.


I'm sorry about the name.

9 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm not buying that Ellie picked out that name, we all know you did! Rainbow is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

i love the kitten!!!! her and avalanche need to be friends.
lauren

mk said...

Oh my word! I LOVE the full name!!! Made me giggle. That name is one reason kids are SO great in my book!

Thanks for always being such a fun and real read!

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

RAINBOW TULIP SPARKLES CUPCAKES!!! You BETTER be saying "sparkles" like you know you should be. And if for some odd reason you don't remember, just ask Jason so say the word, it's so natural coming out of his mouth! haha

So what does Daisy think??

Teresa said...

CUTE name! I laughed out loud! I love how you are able to write about your adventures...always a thrill to read! I love Ellie and the pic of RTSC at the end!

Janelle said...

I can honestly say that I love the name. Seriously, I do.

I also adore the pictures with Ellie and the kitty. You can feel her adoration for her newest friend. I love the last picture so much. You need to frame that one. It really shows her sweet and tender side!

You are a great mommy for honoring her love of cats. She will always remember this moment!

Alana said...

Sounds like you found a perfect fit for the family right now! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Jamie said...

Love the name. Almost as good as Thunder Jonathan.

Fran said...

I think the whole scenario is just perfect!! Hey....we have a cat named "Mama Cat." Hows that for original??