Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fish kabobs

Today on the way home from my friend Dixie's house, Ellie said...

Mama, when are we going fishing?

Me: Oh, I don't know, probably this summer. (Can you tell I was avoiding a commitment on this one :)

Ellie: Okay. I like to fish. I like to eat fish too.

Me: Uh huh. ( a bit disinterested, I'm sorry, but she rambles!)

Ellie: I got fish kabobs for my birthday.

Me: Uh huh...What? Fish kabobs?

Ellie: Yeah! Fish kabobs! You know, to help me catch a fish!

Me: To help you catch a fish? OH, YOU MEAN BOBBERS! (I tried so hard not to laugh!)

Ellie: Yeah, bobbers! I got some for my birthday!

Me: Yes you did sweetie, yes you did. (still trying not to laugh.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see that conversation occurring.

Good job not laughing!

Anonymous said...

I saw the title and thought "yum"! :-)

That's a great story. She's going to love it when you tell it to her prom date!

Janelle said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Fish kabobs don't really sound that bad!

Earen said...

How cute was that!!

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!

Alana said...

Sun Bees, and fish kebabs. We can start a whole new language!