Monday, December 17, 2007

It's a Bloggy Christmas!

As I lay in bed last night, drifting off to sleep, I kept thinking of great topics to post on my blog today. Thoughts drifted through my mind. Beautiful words about my children, my thoughts on life, words that would create a post as poetic as this great blogger. This morning I woke up with a headache the size of Texas, and the cold that will never end still with me. However, my excitement over writing a fabulous post was still there, and I breathlessly made my way to the computer, coffee in hand. I logged in, clicked on Create a New Post, and poised my fingers over my keyboard...

Nada. 2 hours later, my page was still blank. I cannot remember anything that I was thinking last night. Not a Thing.

Just another way to document my on-going memory problems.

Dejectedly, I checked bloglines, and discovered that today was BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes!

Thank you BooMama, for rescuing my blog today.

So, without further ado, I give you my Christmas Decor!

My wreath on my front door. I love this wreath because it looks real, and the ribbon says Fa la la la la, which always starts me singing!


Our "family" tree. It consists of mostly ornaments the kids have made. Notice, I did not photograph the bottom part of the tree. That would be because there are no ornaments there. There were a few to begin with, and that lasted all of about 4 1/2 minutes. Then Austin came around the corner, and flung them to the far corners of the room. Oh, and also note the mismatched paint on the wall. This is the room that I've been meaning to paint for 3 years.



This is the view from the playroom into the living room. I have these giant "ornaments" that I hang in the doorway. They make me happy.



Here's a close-up.


This is my Dining Room, my favorite room in my house. This tree is 9 1/2 feet tall, and I decorate it with red, white, silver, and gold ornaments. This year I added the red angel on top, which makes me happy, and the "snow" which I'm still not sure about. For one thing, snow doesn't really fall in perfect rows of white fluffiness, for another, the kids keep rearranging it, which is driving me crazy. Note: the presents are not under the tree, instead they are on top of the tables. Yesterday I attempted to put some presents on the floor, and thought maybe Austin wouldn't bother them. I was wrong.



These are the shelves in the Dining Room. They are newly decorated this year. The tray and canister on the top shelf are new, and say things about chocolate in french, which of course, makes me happy. The gingerbread house was a new project this year, that we had a lot of fun making.



On to the kids rooms! Here is Austin's tree. (not sure why the picture is so dark) I like it, but I feel like it needs some sort of "filler". I was thinking raffia, or ribbon. I have one idea to take wide black ribbon, and make it look like a road using fabric paint. But I'm not sure...what do you think? FYI: his tree is "transportation and tools". Oh, and the tires below and behind the tree are a permanent decoration in his "garage" themed room.



Annie's tree is beautiful. It has mostly blue and white and silver ornaments in a "winter" theme. The giant ice skates are new this year.



Ellie's tree is, well, lopsided. It has driven me crazy this year. I have straightened it more times than I care to count. I have tied it to the window. I have propped it up with magazines. It is still leaning. I gave up. It's a new tree, and it's pink and shiny with lots of cat ornaments. It turned out OK, but next year I want to work on it some more.



And here are our stockings. Oh wait, where are they? I keep forgetting to order our new ones from Pottery Barn Kids. I better get that done today. If they don't come in time, we do have the ones from last year in a box in the closet. Don't you love our "mantel?" We have no fireplace, therefor no mantel. So they hang from the back of the desk. Beautiful, I know. We would like to add a fireplace this year or next, with a big beautiful mantel, that I can't wait to decorate. For now, this will have to do.



So there you have it, the pretty, the unpainted, and the leaning.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

19 comments:

Holly said...

Your home is beautiful! I just love that tree in the dining room, and I love that all the kids have their own trees. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have so many beautiful trees! Also, I love the red paint in your dining room!

Lindsey said...

I love all your Christmas decorations! You have a beautiful home and a precious family. Merry Christmas!

Carissa said...

so cute! your home is so pretty!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh so very pretty! Love all the colored walls too!!

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Anonymous said...

I have just been inspired from my blogginess to rapidly clean the house so I can post my Christmas decor!

Love austin's tree! too cute.
love the idea of road ribbon.

Alana said...

I'm with JP's Mom, love the idea of road ribbon. Cute decor! I debated over doing the tour of homes, but I there is just not that much to show other than the tree, the front door and the nativity scene. Maybe someday I'll step up my decorating ;-)

Janelle said...

I love every inch of it my friend. Your home is gorgeous! You do a great job.

Darlene R. said...

The road ribbon sounds like a great idea. Our stockings hang from one of the cabinets in the living room. We don't have a fireplace either.

michelle said...

Your house is beautiful! I really liked the year you hung the stocks from the tall shelves in your living room. I also like the road ribbon idea.

Renee said...

What a gorgeous home!! I love the paint colors! Your living room and dining room are beautiful, and your girls' rooms look very inviting. You've done a wonderful job!!

I feel your pain. I often toss ideas around in my head, hoping to come up with something that sounds even a little bit like Sarah's posts. It doesn't happen. I usually get to my computer, and all I can think is 'ummmmmmmmmmmm'

I too am thankful for posts like these! Thanks for doing this...it was fun to see your Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I think your home is beautiful! The shelves in the dining room are my favorite!

Julie said...

Your home is just beautiful, and so are your trees. I really like the white one with the blue and silver ornaments. We used the same color scheme with our tree!

Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

Your home is beautiful, well done!

Sunny said...

Beautiful! I love the giant ornaments...and chocolate in any language makes me happy!

Earen said...

How beautiful all your decorations look & your home looks beautiful as well. I love the idea of having a tree in all your kids room. My boys would love that. Thanks for sharing!

bethtrue said...

Gorgeous - your trees and your kids' trees are awesome. we have a 4-year old little boy who would love that "tools & transportation" themed tree! Thanks for sharing with us and Merry Christmas!

Pam said...

Beautiful Shelley! I love the shelves in the Dining Room.

Unknown said...

I love all the trees, leaning or not! Merry Christmas!