Saturday, December 29, 2007

8 years and 1 day...

Sometimes the best way to celebrate something, is to just Be.

We had a wonderful evening yesterday, a wonderfully normal evening.

We strolled the walkways of a local mall.

We took our time shopping with a little holiday cash.

We strolled again, at another favorite shopping spot.

We played with gadgets at this store.

We didn't mind waiting an hour for a table.

We talked.

We laughed.

We ate at this yummy place.

Then we came home, and cuddled under my new blankie.

And watched this silly and funny movie, from the comfort of our family room.

This is the kind of night that I took for granted BK (before kids!)

This is the kind of night that I cherish now.

It was a wonderful, relaxing, and very happy anniversary.

Exactly what we needed right now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are our favorite nights too!

Earen said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a lovely anniversary! I too cherish those nights with just my hubby!

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

Hi Shelley! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The red sign is actually a painting I did. I have had more requests for this painting than any other I've done. Belated merry Christmas to you and yours.

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

Hi Shelley!

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary! I love those kinds of days with my hubby.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Erin

Renee said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Congratulations on 8 years. That's great. :)

Your evening sounds like a perfect evening, to me. It's funny how our ideas change after we have kids, isn't it? Our favorite nights are low key. Just enjoying each other's company.

I'm happy that you and your hubby were able to do that!!!

Carissa said...

congrats on all that wedded bliss! : ) so happy for you. and so glad you got to celebrate in such a relaxed but special sort of way. those are my favorite parts of life!

Alana said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! It sounds like you had a fabulous time!

I'm so glad you got the blankie! I'm your favorite person now, aren't I? I mean aside from your husband of eight years!

Darlene R. said...

Happy belated anniversary! I love date nights. We always end up at Wal-mart or Target before the night is over! Oh well.

Glad you had a good time together.

Always Faith said...

catching up and wanted to wish you a late happy anniversary. Our anniversaries are only a week apart....well, we're only on 6 years but anywho. LOL. Glad you enjoyed your evening. =)

Pam said...

What a wonderful night! Sounds like it was perfect.