Monday, January 3, 2011

Flashback...

I started blogging in May of 2007. Almost 4 years ago. At first it was an obsession. I did it, and all my good friends did it too. Sometimes I posted two or three times a day, which now seems crazy! Over the years, most of my friends who once blogged even more than me, have dropped out of the bloggy world. Some have stayed, some posting more than others. I have stayed, sometimes posting once a month, sometimes more. But that "bloggy feeling" hasn't been there for awhile. Facebook took over for most of us, and that's been okay with me for the most part.

BUT...

LATELY, they're coming out of the woodwork! My friends are back! And I love it!

I think.

Tonight I have spent 3 hours on the computer. Catching up on blog posts of friends, commenting, writing, uploading pictures, etc...

I haven't spent this much time in bloggy world since around this time...

Tuesday May 8, 2007
so, i've been sitting here at my computer for about 2 hours setting this thing up. in that 2 hours my 5 year old has watched several episodes of scooby doo, i'm such a good mom! at the beginning of the 2 hours my 2 little ones were asleep, now they're awake. the 2 year old is watching dora, the baby is watching a baby video with the 5 year old. i'm thinking maybe (just maybe) my kids might watch a bit too much tv. anyway, i've caught up with my friends blogs, i've let them know about mine, i've fought with my email, and i've been trying to think of something funny or poignant to write about today...

Hello Flashback!

I am laughing over the similarities and differences from then to now. I've been at my computer for hours, but my kids are now 4, 6, and almost 9. My oldest is watching TV, as I neglect her to be here instead of getting her going on her homework. Oh mercy what am I doing?!

Moderation. I must practice moderation.

But really, welcome back Janelle and Alana, I have missed you here! And thanks to all my other friends who blog, for sticking with me!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Crazy, isn't it? You have been so faithful when so many of us died out. I hope you makethat blog book soon. Love you!

Alana said...

Aw, glad to be back. And glad you are still here! Thanks for the welcome! I agree moderation is key!!! Love you lots and lots!!