Monday, October 20, 2008

There are some things I just don't understand.

Our housekeeper came and cleaned on Friday.

I know this because I left her a check and a note. And when I arrived home, the check was gone and I had a note in return. I know this because my husband, who was home for 3 hours before we were that day, commented on how great the house looked.

But I never got to see it clean.

We walked in the door Friday night, from a day at the Pumpkin Patch, exhausted and filthy. I didn't have time to notice the clean floors or the spotless countertops before dirty feet and hands covered them in film. The truckload of stuff we brought in with us quickly covered the floor. And dirty pumpkins lined my counters.

This weekend was a busy one. Lots of happenings, lots of dishes to prepare, lots of dishes, lots of laundry. Not a lot of time to keep up at home.

So this morning as I surveyed the damage, I thought, Was it ever clean?

Like I said, I know it was.

I just didn't get to see it.

I don't understand.

How, HOW, can they do that?

How do they walk through a room, and leave it dirty in a matter of seconds?

I just don't get it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I say write the check to yourself.

:)

Janelle said...

Fact of life. I enjoy my clean house on Tuesday until 3:45. Then it's a whole nuther week until I get a few clean minutes.

Carissa said...

clean houses are overrated. enjoy the chaos. it is full of goodness!

michelle said...

What was that saying that Dawn likes. . .
something about clean houses and being dull?

Just enjoy the chaos! One day your house will stay clean for longer and we will wish for them to come mess it up! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am laughing! I don't have a house keeper (I do need one, though) but even when I get a room clean, with my toddler I believe it only lasts for about 30 seconds. Its enough to make someone want to give up... *grin*

Teresa said...

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the clean house, Shelley! Here's to next time...maybe you can catch a few seconds before "life" explodes all over the place!

Fran said...

I wish there was a candle that smelled like Pledge and I could pretend it was clean.

Alana said...

I've finally resigned myself to the fact that it won't be clean for at least another 14 or 15 years ;-)