Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Perfect Patch!

When I read my friend Alana's post this morning, I realized I'd forgotten something...my Pumpkin Patch Post! I really meant to get this up sooner, although I guess it took my friend awhile too, so that makes me feel a little better. :)

For the last several years my friends and I have made a trip together to the Pumpkin Patch. Which Patch has varied, but the friends have stayed the same! This year we missed Jen, who was on bed rest getting ready for her twins; and Michelle and Ami, who had gone a different day. Four of us made it together, and I mean TOGETHER. 15 people in 2 suburbans! These girls are my best friends, I adore them, and they bring incredible blessings to my life...

Dixie, Janelle, Alana, and Me!

We painted pumpkins, chased kids, and rode on hay bales out to the pumpkin patch. We lovingly asked our children to take pictures...or we yelled at them to SMILE AND LOOK AT MOMMY...I can't remember which now.

This was the best I could do with all three of mine...

Sweet Ellie...

Sweet Annie...

Funny Austin...this is his "say cheese" face.

The boy holds everything like a football...

Janelle took this picture of my kids and I walking...see, I'm not yelling at them.

We had a great time. We turned the outing into an all day event, and there is not another group of people I'd rather spend the whole day with! My kids even had a good time! Well, Annie did say she liked everything except having to take pictures. :) Oh well, maybe she'll be over that part by next year. As a mommy though, I MUST take pictures! Or steal my friends camera and use it to take pictures. Or beg my friends to take pictures of me and my kids. And it's all worth it when I get a picture like this...


Another year of a great tradition. I loved it. I was exhausted by it. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

shelley, you look so pretty in these pictures!!!!!!!!!
love you! lauren

Anonymous said...

I love those photos! So much fun! I never got my photos up...

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

What a sweet post! And I agree with sis...you look AWESOME! Just beautiful Shelley! Looks like y'all had a blast. Wish I could be with y'all for some of your fun outings! Love you!

Janelle said...

My favorite memory of your brood...watching Austin kick-test all the pumpkins just like he would tires on the car. That boy.

Janelle said...

That and watching all the big boys try to put him on their back.

Celeste said...

You look seriously amazing Shelley!!

Sarah Markley said...

that looks like so much fun. i think i'm done with pumpkins this year.

Alana said...

Love that last picture! I forgot to add the one of us girls in my post...I really like it (except that my strap is showing ;-). It was a really great day, glad I got to share it with you!

Anonymous said...

Probably just the hormones, but I got a little teary seeing Austin in these pics. JP was his size when we first went to the patch!

Anonymous said...

All those gorgeous friends and children... you are one lucky lady!

michelle said...

I loved the mommy picture! What a fun fall day! I hated to miss out on all the fun! Shelley that last picture is a keeper! :)

dawn said...

You are looking so good, Shelley! Way to go!