Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just blessed.

Well, I'm feeling abundantly blessed today.

But it didn't start out that way.

It started with more of a "blah" attitude. Just another morning at home, when I couldn't keep up with the messes the kids were making. Which highly frustrates me. So I sent them outside, and got on the treadmill. Even though I didn't want to.

Our treadmill is positioned so as I walk/run, I can watch them play. As I bumped my walk up to a jog, my legs felt like lead.

Ugh. This is going to be hard today. I thought. Just like my morning so far.

Not the best attitude, huh?

But I ran anyway. And kept running. And as I ran and watched the kids, I noticed something. They were truly playing together. Big sister was teaching little brother. Leading him. Showing him things. He was following, watching, learning from her. It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes.


Suddenly my running became easier and my attitude made a drastic turn for the better. As music pumped into my ears and I watched my babies playing together, I was suddenly very very grateful.

Grateful to God for this life he has given me. Grateful for beautiful, healthy children. Grateful for a nice day, a nice house, a nice yard, a nice playset, and lots of fall leaves.

Just blessed.

7 comments:

Carissa said...

very sweet post shelley!

Alana said...

Moments like that can truly overwhelm you with joy. I know just want you mean.

Josh and Lane Whitlock said...

Oh I love it! Truly blessed Shell...truly! I'm so grateful to have your family as inspirations to me. :-)

Janelle said...

Just awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture!

michelle said...

That picture melts my heart!

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome! I only have one child, but I have brothers that are only a few years older than Cohen and its so fun to watch them teach him how to kick a soccer ball or wrestle...

glad your morning was cheered up