Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Welcome summer.

Picture this...

There's this mom. She's at the pool with her three kids. She's in the deeper water, because her oldest child, a six year old, wants her help swimming. She has a three year old clinging in fear to one hip, and a one year old trying to squirm free on the other hip. Her legs are being used as a way to shove off for the six year old, and her swim suit top keeps inching down, because all three children are using it to hold on to. Soon the frazzled mom climbs out, and settles her children down with a snack. A man arrives, he appears to be the husband and father. The mom is pleased to have help, and starts to relax. Just as the mom leans her tired head on the chair, taking a brief rest, she hears a dreaded sound. Gagging. It's coming from the baby. She jumps to her feet, and he loses his lunch. He's covered, his stroller is covered, and there's a nice pile on the ground. You watch in fascinated horror as she mops everything up with beach towels. The father helps by standing back and saying... Gross.

I am that mom.

Those are my kids.

That is my husband.

Welcome summer.

9 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh my! Glad I missed that! I was amazed at how brave you were there alone with three children. I am not that brave.

Earen said...

I'm so sorry that happened..but your writing definitely put a smile on my face. Oh, I think we'd be good friends.

Janelle said...

I was really hoping this was going to end with you waking up from this bad dream. Apparently, it's reality. SO SORRY!!

But I know that you are smiling. That is why I love you!

Fran said...

I had no idea what was going to happen...at first I thought you wrote "giggling" instead of gagging!

Oh, Lord, help us mommas in any way you can!!

Hugs~
Fran

Alana said...

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. So sorry.

Although, I'm kind of surprised Janelle wasn't there. She's usually there for those opportune moments ;-)

Pam said...

Oh Shelley I am so sorry that was real. Better days ARE ahead!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I was sitting right there and didn't even see the explosion.

As an after thought I realized that you can just grab a lifeguard and they will 'quarantine' the area and clean it. They are prepared for bodily fluids apparently.

Anonymous said...

classic
-lauren

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not including real pictures. The mental image is enough!


Bless your heart, btw!