Thursday, September 6, 2012

Girls.

When I found out my first two children were girls, I was thrilled. I pictured many matching outfits (which there were), lots of pink and hair bows (yes, again), and tons of giggles (of course). I knew someday we would deal with the not so fun stuff, like hormones and moodiness, and many emotional days, but it seemed a lifetime away as I spent my days picking up Barbie's and princess toys.

Somewhere in the last couple of years the Barbie's and princess toys have dwindled, and well...the emotions and moodiness have arrived.

Lord help us.

We're dealing with body hair and b.o. so I'm fairly sure the hormones are to blame for some of it. The crying meltdowns because daddy hurt someone's feelings (Ellie). The angry stomping out the door because mommy wouldn't let her change her outfit for the third time before school (Annie). Fun times.

After years of Ellie not being able to handle most clothes, and Annie barely noticing what I dressed her in, the other shoe has dropped. Pun intended :)

Ellie suddenly wants new clothes weekly. Annie suddenly cares very much about what I'm dressing her in. The clothing battles and the begging wars have begun.

They are 8 and 10. We have a long road ahead of us.

I need a nap.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This IS my life right now, I'm just a year ahead of you. I hope we'll survive this.